Engine25

Wave 12 Announced!

1 minute ago, dotswarlock said:

I'm looking at the assault gunboat and I'm pretty sure that one of the upgrades reads "linked barrel".  If this is what I think it is, which was the ability to fire both standard and ion guns at the same time, then this is something that I'll be looking forward to... for my IG-88!

Don't bet on it. The close(r)-up pic shows "Small Ship Only" on that one.

1 hour ago, defkhan1 said:

Hi res photos here:

Phantom II: Focus, TL, Coordinate

Gunboat: Focus, TL, SLAM, Bullseye?

Kimogila: Focus, TL, Barrel Roll, Bullseye?

The Kimogila really is a fugly beast. The wing configuration makes it look like you are seeing double from some angles. Too bad they did not choose the yellow paint scheme from the title art IMO. 

But, happy it has Illicit and Astromech slots. Want to use those on more ships, and not be a ****** (play the jm5k..)!

With a decent Reload action I am thinking Deadeye, R4 Agromech, guidance chips and Harpoon missiles for 30 points, if the PS5 generic is 23 points. Gets to turn a miss into a crit because of 3 primary. The next pass its crit triggers the Harpooned condition. 

1 minute ago, tracker7 said:

Don't bet on it. The close(r)-up pic shows "Small Ship Only" on that one.

My...  my poor IG-88 heart is broken... but you are correct.  *snif*  Better to come to grips with it now instead of getting my hopes up.

really curious if the scum ship will be viable.

Its a 3die ship with ordnance, but its 1agi at 8hp. Same situation as Nym, Scum just dont have any ways to improve its survivability (unless the new droid does it) since all they have are focus mod-based and 1 agi doesnt benefit from that very well.
Probably the first scum ship since i started playing that didnt scream WTF THAT IS RIDICULOUS to me (yes, i said that about tugboats, and they are ridiculous, they just suffer from largeship woes so they arent used often purely for that alone)

Just now, dotswarlock said:

My...  my poor IG-88 heart is broken... but you are correct.  *snif*  Better to come to grips with it now instead of getting my hopes up.

Aww, cheer up. You're still the best utterly remorseless killing machines around.

1 minute ago, BadMotivator said:

I suppose it's too much to ask for the Gunboat to have a System slot? I'd love FCS on this thing.

Imperials cant have nice things.

Otherwise we get stuff like the SF which is actually all around awesome. Cant have more than 1 of that (totally expecting a nerf for it sometime soon. Normally i'm not on the "developers hate this faction" boat, but it sure freakin feels that way lately)

Coordinate on a cheap little ship sounds amazing.

Jam is probably tractor beam for red dice.  Roll one fewer red for each jam token and discard after attack.  This would be good news for swarms but it's an attack and not an action...

I hope there is a mod so that any/all ships can get the reload action.

Fenn Rau in a support ship?  Wha?

Scrambler Missiles with Kimog.  Probably is how it dishes out jam icons.

1 minute ago, Vineheart01 said:

Imperials cant have nice things.

Otherwise we get stuff like the SF which is actually all around awesome. Cant have more than 1 of that (totally expecting a nerf for it sometime soon. Normally i'm not on the "developers hate this faction" boat, but it sure freakin feels that way lately)

I mean, maybe we don't get all the janky toys everyone else gets, but Imperial costing?! I'm predominantly an Imperial player because I hate trying to build anything else. And the Gunboat is going to be fairly cheap, you can easily fit 4 from the look of it.

Just now, Praetorate of the Empire said:

I mean, maybe we don't get all the janky toys everyone else gets, but Imperial costing?! I'm predominantly an Imperial player because I hate trying to build anything else. And the Gunboat is going to be fairly cheap, you can easily fit 4 from the look of it.

Oh yeah im primarily imperial too because they have the most maneuvering shenanigans, and thats the main thing i tend to abuse.
But i notice that i feel like i have to horribly outplay my opponent unless im using SFs or im not playing imperials. This coming from an imp player that did NOT fear asajjfennaroo.....

Same thing for when i observe newer players. The ones that play imps lose dozens upon dozens upon dozens of times before they win a game because theyre just so much more punishing if you make a mistake and only slightly more rewarding if you dont. New scum players practically dont even play since the list has turrets, auto attack/def mods, etc etc.

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

That you can't use the cannon when you slam? 

Actually, people on reddit are saying the Assault Configuration lets you attack with cannons which cost 2 points or less even with Weapons Disabled tokens. 

Just now, Kharnete said:

The best thing of this wave besies GUNBOAT!, is 0 goddamn big ships. Oh yeah.

Holy **** I just noticed the GB is small base like k wing and punisher. Nice! I would have liked it large base but I'll gladly take the cheaper price on it retail.

Gunboat would be even more ridiculous than the Uwing on a large base.

Uwing atleast has massive wings so it kinda makes sense. Gunboat looks smaller than a Kwing (widthwise). They'd have to give this thing some pretty ridiculous perks to make it viable as a large base and not give it a turret.