Engine25

Wave 12 Announced!

Major Vyndes seems pretty lackluster, "when defending, if you have a weapons disabled token, roll one additional defense die." I guess it must interact with the Reload action in some way? Though, it appears that the Reload Action may have something to do with clearing Jam tokens? That's the only readable line on the Reload Action card... Definitely need to see the article whenever that comes, should be some time later today right? At least as I recall that's when these tend to show up?

1 minute ago, xanderf said:

I think they said one of the titles adds an astromech slot to the Phantom?

Just imagine if the title allows the ghost to also make use of the astromech whilst the phantom is docked!

BB8 would be really fun!

2 minutes ago, Otacon said:

Major Vyndes seems pretty lackluster, "when defending, if you have a weapons disabled token, roll one additional defense die." I guess it must interact with the Reload action in some way? Though, it appears that the Reload Action may have something to do with clearing Jam tokens? That's the only readable line on the Reload Action card... Definitely need to see the article whenever that comes, should be some time later today right? At least as I recall that's when these tend to show up?

They do have Slam. We will see how much the need Slam to reposition. 

Just now, Praetorate of the Empire said:

This would interact well with the SLAM action, I think

Without bombs to drop though, you're ideally using slam to get out of arcs in the first place though, making the extra die pointless. Yeah, turrets I guess. Eh, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

The majors ability is... disappointing

However suggests a unique hit n run playstyle where you dump ordnance, ASLAM to run and reload, and then jump right back in

That's really cool and unique 

I am hoping the 'hit-and-run' tactics you mention include a free action (from action bar) after attacking. Which would allow the boat to attack with munitions and gtfo. 

1 minute ago, vonstryker said:

Now we know why slam might be nerfed, we(imps) are finally getting it

No, it's just specifying it to work only for the two ships that actually have the SLAM Action. Mostly, this is a nerf on Scum, which I'll gladly accept. Don't need any Jumpasters Burnout Advanced SLAMming on me for whatever it is they want to do.

I'm looking at the assault gunboat and I'm pretty sure that one of the upgrades reads "linked barrel".  If this is what I think it is, which was the ability to fire both standard and ion guns at the same time, then this is something that I'll be looking forward to... for my IG-88!

Turrets and people who can turn on a dime anyway.

Kwing often is still caught when its trying to just slam away (not slam-bomb), just nowhere near as often.
Fully excepting Reload to be an action version of Quinn Jast (receive weapons disabled token, flip over an ordnance card you discarded). Which is weaker than his ability since his just happens but abilities should be better than plain actions anyway.

Also, i could be seeing things since its so dang blurry (WHERES THAT ARTICLE FFG!!) but the title that adds the cannon also mentions something about a weapons disabled token....perhaps supercharge the cannon but gets disabled?

Besides, we cant really make out anything about its upgrades. It could be highly customizable and CAN take bombs (hence, slam nerf). Its base upgrade bar is pathetic (wow we havnt been shafted by that before have we?) but it has a slew of cards for some reason.

Edited by Vineheart01

2 minutes ago, Rinzler in a Tie said:

I am hoping the 'hit-and-run' tactics you mention include a free action (from action bar) after attacking. Which would allow the boat to attack with munitions and gtfo. 

Can't SLAM as a free action :(

Can't even SKAM (the illicit) due to wording