Engine25

Wave 12 Announced!

5 minutes ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

So this is what I understand of the Gunboat Expansion Pack.

Atk: 2

Ev: 2

Hull: 4

Shields: 3

Actions: Focus, Target Lock, SLAM, Reload

Upgrade Bar: (named: EPT) Missile, Torpedo

Included Cards (pre-existing)

Adv. SLAM

Cruise Missiles 

New Included Cards:

XG-1 Assault Configuration (mod)

Linked Batteries? (Cannon)

Jammer Beacon/Beam? (Cannon)

Mystery EPT

Mystery Modification.

Woah woah WOAH

this thing has SLAM action AND a jammer beacon!?

Oh ****, everyone, you know what that means!

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 minute ago, ficklegreendice said:

Woah woah WOAH

this thing has SLAM action and a jammer action

Oh ****, everyone, you know what that means!

Time to slam and jam!

(Although the jam isn't an action - it's likely related to the 'Jamming Beam' new cannon in the fan.  WHICH BETTER WORK WITH A TIE/D, and that's all I'm sayin' on that!)

Not sure what the dial on the Gunboat will look like, obviously, but I think that this has to be a fairly balanced ship. From the look of it, it has the option to be either a fast alpha striker OR more of a brawler since the ship specific cards and Adv SLAM are modifications. I'm glad they didn't just slap a title on it to call it good. 

I also was not in the camp of "MAKE THE GUNBOAT FFG AND MAKE MY WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE", just an Imperial player who enjoys TIE's and will probably buy one of these to tool around with it on the board. Very interested to see how the Jam concept pans out in non-epic gaming.

Edited by Praetorate of the Empire

1 minute ago, Praetorate of the Empire said:

Not sure what the dial on the Gunboat will look like, obviously, but I think that this has to be a fairly balanced ship. From the look of it, it has the option to be either a fast alpha striker OR more of a brawler since the ship specific cards and Adv SLAM are modifications. I'm glad they didn't just slap a title on it to call it good. 

I also was not in the camp of "MAKE THE GUNBOAT FFG AND MAKE MY WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE", just an Imperial player who enjoys TIE's and will probably buy one of these to tool around with it on the board. Very interested to see how the Jam action pans out in non-epic gaming.

Its not a Jam Action. Its a reload action. The jamming feature is probably unrelated to the Jam Action from Epic.

Only ship I am not a fan of is the Phantom II, looks goofy as all get up. I always liked the Kimo, since I piloted way back in SWG. It grows on you. Now I can't wait for the sky is falling posts to kick in a few months.... GUNBOAT OP, KIMO OP, PHANTOM II DOA... 

Fenn Rau's ability reads - when an enemy ship in your firing arc at range 1-3 becomes the active ship during the combat phase, if you are not stressed you may receive one stress token. If you do, that ship may not spend tokens to modify its dice when attacking this round.

So, not really very good without that reposition - at least thrusters or engine. And it better have some good greens (with R2-astromech)

1 minute ago, Tbetts94 said:

Its not a Jam Action. Its a reload action. The jamming feature is probably unrelated to the Jam Action from Epic.

I know it's not a Jam action, I already posted saying it was a Reload action. But there is the Jamming Beam/Beacon, which is a Cannon upgrade, not to be confused with a canon upgrade...