Engine25

Wave 12 Announced!

Just now, GreenDragoon said:

What actions can we make out there?

Gunboat has 4, PhantomII has 3 and the Kimogila also 4. All have focus and target lock.

Gunboat has weapons disabled tokens, so maybe SLAM?

PhantomII could have a barrel roll

Kimogila also has weapons disabled tokens, so also SLAM?

Hi res photos here:

Phantom II: Focus, TL, Coordinate

Gunboat: Focus, TL, SLAM, Bullseye?

Kimogila: Focus, TL, Barrel Roll, Bullseye?

Just now, Smudger13 said:

I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars nerd, but... what are these ships? One is a new version of a ship we have and... two made up ones? Do we need to make ships up now? 

Have you never played the old TIE Fighter video game? That's where the Gunboat is from. Same game that the TIE Defender debuted....

1 minute ago, Smudger13 said:

I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars nerd, but... what are these ships? One is a new version of a ship we have and... two made up ones? Do we need to make ships up now? 

Phantom II is from Star Wars Rebels, and is the only one that's official canon.

The Assault Gunboat is from the old TIE Fighter Videogames, not canon but not made up for X-wing.  Definitely the most requested ship for the game.

The Kimogila is from Star Wars Galaxies, the old MMO game.  Also not canon, but not made up for X-wing.

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Old expanded universe, and PhantomII is from the cartoon

I hate to moan but they look awful. This game is becoming unrecognisably Star Wars in design, and I say that as someone who is loving playing it. 

Edited by Smudger13

Between the tokens and the recent history of bringing Epic actions to regular game, the Kimogila looks like it might have a Jam Action. Might not work exactly the same, but those tokens look like "Jamming" Tokens. 

Kimogila: 3 1 6 2, has PS 8 / 7 / 5 / 3,
focus, TL, barrel roll, RELOAD. Also "jam" tokens. A title, a new astro (R5TK), new EPT, new missile. Bullseye firing arc (can apparently hit several lined up ships)
??? (PS8), 27pt. EPT, torpedo, missile, salvaged astromech, illicit
DIAL: is that a 4 talon roll?! Or a 4 Kturn?

Phantom II: 2 2 4 1, PS 9 (fenn rau), 5 (Ezra), 3 (Zeb), 1 (?).
Focus, TL, coordinate (!).  2 new astromechs (one is chopper), 2 new titles (phantom and ghost), Auxiliary firing arc
Fenn Rau (PS9), 20pt, lots of text, EPT, crew, astromech
DIAL: white 3 bank

Gunboat: 2 2 4 3, PS 7 / 5 / 4 / 2.
Focus, TL, SLAM, RELOAD. Cruismissile and two new cannons (one is jammer). Also new EPT, two titles (one allows to equip cannons), advanced slam
Major Vynder (PS7), 26pt: When defending, if you have a weapons disabled token roll 1 additional defense die
DIAL: white 3 bank

Edit: added more info

Edited by GreenDragoon

I had to research it, but back in the old X-Wing vs Tie Fighter game:

"The jamming beam neutralizes the enemy radar, which means the enemy can't lock it on you to fire missiles."

(I always used "decoy" on my interceptor, but this would fit X-Wing miniature mechanics quite well)

2 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

The new action looks like a Recycle type icon...its two arrows pointing at each other in a circle. Usually recycle is in a triangle form but same idea.

Perhaps action to get discarded ordnance back?

That's what it looks like to me. 

So looks like the new missile and the new cannon both use this "jam" action somehow.

Also I forgot to add that the PhantomII is now the second ship with crew+astromech.

The non-unique in the pack is new - I'm hoping it might be a soft X-wing fix, maybe even a 0pt astro