Sign in to follow this  
Zetsubou

Kiku Matsuri Results

I think this creates a new and interesting fate for Shahai.  If meishodo had been banned, that might have led to her embracing Maho.  This time, she may explore a different power.  That could still create a threat to the Empire, but the potential is interesting.  Of course, it could change her entirely.  Perhaps she'll actually become a part of the Hidden Guard and be instrumental in defending the throne from a great threat.

Just now, Kitsuki Edogawa said:

I think this creates a new and interesting fate for Shahai.  If meishodo had been banned, that might have led to her embracing Maho.  This time, she may explore a different power.  That could still create a threat to the Empire, but the potential is interesting.  Of course, it could change her entirely.  Perhaps she'll actually become a part of the Hidden Guard and be instrumental in defending the throne from a great threat.

If they go along with the original story line, she would have been effected by voices since before her gempukku....

1 minute ago, Kitsuki Edogawa said:

Or marry Sotorii's little brother...  wotsisname, Daig<thump> :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

If they go along with the original story line, she would have been effected by voices since before her gempukku....

We still don't know if she has though. And voices could be of different origin this time. Still leading to darkness and stuff, of course.

3 minutes ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

And, those voices led her down a path that she cannot follow now.  Different locations, different responsibilities, different opportunities.

3 minutes ago, Kitsuki Edogawa said:

And, those voices led her down a path that she cannot follow now.  Different locations, different responsibilities, different opportunities.

Still the same voices... "grandfather" anybody!

I like to think that due to her time with the imperial family this version of Shahai becomes a paragon of virtue and a noble character, rather than tread a dark path. Which has been done.

The fact that THIS character, of all people, with her blatant and direct connection to He Who Must Not Be Named, gets brought in here feels like a serious bait and switch to me. You couldnt pick a better character to really toy with expectations.

Then again, what if the spirit in the crystal is not a beast of fire and shadow, but takes a more human shape... with a thing for masks... And Shahai frees this darkness...

All that being said, I honestly think this is the start of serious deviations from the AEG-Verse. I mean, what better way to do then to take Shahai, the woman who brought one Dark Lord into the world via blood magic, married him and then brought a second into the world via her own womb... arguably the most influential female villain in that whole universe, save maybe for Kali Ma... And you make that "villain" an imperial body guard and the source of an entire line of next level magic soldiers, sworn to defend the emperor, right from the word go. Boom.

Edited by Daigotsu Steve

1 minute ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

"Grandmother".

1 minute ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

I like to think that due to her time with the imperial family this version of Shahai becomes a paragon of virtue and a noble character, rather than tread a dark path. Which has been done.

That would be nice. Maybe BigKnack meets her, he goes emo, she remains pure and trying to redeem him,...

Choices are unlimited but I think that any direction can be good as long as well done. And there is always fanfic... I mean, Yume-do.

27 minutes ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

Is it?  We don't even know if this version is hearing the voices.  We also don't know if she's found grandfather yet.  The skull may still be sitting in a forest.  The voices may be given a different physical form this time, leading to a different story.

40 minutes ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

The fact that THIS character, of all people, with her blatant and direct connection to He Who Must Not Be Named, gets brought in here feels like a serious bait and switch to me. You couldnt pick a better character to really toy with expectations.

Then again, what if the spirit in the crystal is not a beast of fire and shadow, but takes a more human shape... with a thing for masks... And Shahai frees this darkness...

All that being said, I honestly think this is the start of serious deviations from the AEG-Verse. I mean, what better way to do then to take Shahai, the woman who brought one Dark Lord into the world via blood magic, married him and then brought a second into the world via her own womb... arguably the most influential female villain in that whole universe, save maybe for Kali Ma... And you make that "villain" an imperial body guard and the source of an entire line of next level magic soldiers, sworn to defend the emperor, right from the word go. Boom.

OR she still stays evil, uses the knowledge she gains while in the capital, and possibly helps to kill the Emperor? Who knows at this point? There's been several, potential plot threads introduced so it's up to FFG to determine when and how #$%^ hits the fan for the Empire.

Things like Shoju and Shahai could simply be red herrings based on their actions of the previous story line(s).

Of course, we can stand united in blaming Hotaru for anything that happens.

Edited by Kubernes

Just now, Kitsuki Edogawa said:

Is it?  We don't even know if this version is hearing the voices.  We also don't know if she's found grandfather yet.  The skull may still be sitting in a forest.  The voices may be given a different physical form this time, leading to a different story.

Yep... and Shadowlands shall never return and Yoritomo drowns at birth, and the Crab shall become the finest poets and the Crane the finest stonemasons and nobody is bothered by what the Lion do.. 

(please nobody take my light poking seriously!)

Yep... and Shadowlands shall never return and Yoritomo drowns at birth, and the Crab shall become the finest poets and the Crane the finest stonemasons and nobody is bothered by what the Lion do.. 

Actually I think the first three points are perfectly wonderful ideas. ??

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi

4 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

Of course, we can stand united in blaming Hotaru for anything that happens.

Sounds like a plan. :)

4 minutes ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

Well, Yoritomo is confirmed to exist. There is hope for Mantis being more than a minor-clan eater and pirate cove that cannot get over him.

Just now, Wintersong said:

Well, Yoritomo is confirmed to exist. There is hope for Mantis being more than a minor-clan eater and pirate cove that cannot get over him.

Well maybe somebody can leave a inauspicious mop lying on deck he can trip over and be pushed overboard soon... (Scorpion please, for the sake of the empire!) 

5 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Pity Yoritomo has already failed to drown at birth.

Better late than never, yeah??

Well maybe somebody can leave a inauspicious mop lying on deck he can trip over and be pushed overboard soon... (Scorpion please, for the sake of the empire!) 

I endorse this message wholeheartedly!??