Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zetsubou

Kiku Matsuri Results

177 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Matrim said:

Nice, and to get a storyline prize up so quickly (perhaps prepared in advance?) was decent work as well either way.

I'd have to imagine that both "choices" were mostly prewritten, maybe some parts left out depending on how the clans voted

SirEuain likes this

So the hostage is the daughter of the Iuchi Daiyu, but not one of the three he shares with Altansarnai?  The Unicorn have "liberated" family dynamics, as Ser Davos would say. 

Mirumoto Saito likes this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Zetsubou said:

I'd have to imagine that both "choices" were mostly prewritten, maybe some parts left out depending on how the clans voted

The story team has made it clear that choices would be controlled... which is good.

Shahai, going off to teach... well lets just say the Phoenix were right on this one!

Edited by Isawa Tasatu

1 minute ago, Gamedog said:

So the hostage is the daughter of the Iuchi Daiyu, but not one of the three he shares with Altansarnai?  The Unicorn have "liberated" family dynamics, as Ser Davos would say. 

It's a good way to diversify the gene pool; everybody have a kid with everyone!

Gamedog likes this

The aftermath will likely be Meishodo appearing on neutral cards for all clans to use. Possibly a neutral unique in Daiyu's daughter who will undoubtedly be married in, unless she has need to be killed.

Just now, player2636234 said:

The aftermath will likely be Meishodo appearing on neutral cards for all clans to use. Possibly a neutral unique in Daiyu's daughter who will undoubtedly be married in, unless she has need to be killed.

I suspect that Shahai might meet her future husband in the Imperial Capital who reveals an incredible shugenja talent.

Just now, Zetsubou said:

Let's be real, Uni were screwed either way; we got played good by the fire chickens. This way we just save some face and don't end up alienating our allies with the controversy

Yeah, you just doom the imperial guard and empire in maho.... 

1 minute ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

Please tell us what you see in your crystal ball, oh magical charlatan :P

I suspect that with outlawing, Shahai would still had something to do with the story. Just saying.

Meishodo has nothing to do with the Phoenix tradition of maho. ;) If the imperial guard decides to dabble in maho, it's their choice. Like: "Hey, why not experiment mixing maho with meishodo? For the Emprah, of course!

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Bayushi Tsubaki said:

Can I just say I'm shocked that the one clan that really felt unfocused (Dragon) did, by far, the best?? :o

The gaming and rankings should not be regarded too highly as the players were all using a single Core to construct their deck. I strongly suspect that a 40 card deck, with cards drawn from an 'optimum' 3 Core boxes will yield different results.

(as they have by those who have posted their games online, such as on YouTube)

Edited by LordBlunt
Togashi Gao Shan likes this

5 minutes ago, Isawa Tasatu said:

Shahai was always going to pitch up....

After the Phoenix starting acting upon Void flashes not properly studied, without thinking in butterfly effects. I blame the Phoenix despite my secondary fondness of the niwatori

Maybe with a ban, Shahai would have ended hostage anyways to make sure the Unicorn enforced the no-meishodo thing. Which still leads to Shahai and Prince...

Devin-the-Poet likes this

2 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

After the Phoenix starting acting upon Void flashes not properly studied, without thinking in butterfly effects. I blame the Phoenix despite my secondary fondness of the niwatori

Maybe with a ban, Shahai would have ended hostage anyways to make sure the Unicorn enforced the no-meishodo thing. Which still leads to Shahai and Prince...

Come on Unicorn just own it.... that's what Phoenix always did! You are about to corrupt the entire imperial city. Well done!

Kitsu Seinosuke likes this

13 minutes ago, Kitsu Seinosuke said:

If nobody tries it, then nobody knows what happens.

For science!

Hey, if you know what your doing, it's not research!

Kitsu Seinosuke likes this

Come on Unicorn just own it.... that's what Phoenix always did! You are about to corrupt the entire imperial city. Well done!

Now now, this is far from the case. If it weren't for this baseless accusation by the Phoenix, no meishodo wielders would have been anywhere near the Imperial City in the first place. Know what happens if you let us ponies do our thing in piece? We keep doing it far from the Emperor's chambers. Not saying it was the Phoenix who suggested studying it, but if y'all force the choice where the supposedly super dangerous magic is in the Emperor's house, you can hardly blame us for it.

Wintersong likes this

Here is how I see it going down.

Shahai teaches the Seppun Guard about meishodo.

Phoenix use their influence with the Captain Ishikawa to get their collective hands on the staff of power.

Seppun/Phoenix attitude of "We are so smart and wise, lets take this thing apart and see how it works"

BOOM - Evil Jinn on the loose.

Kuni Katsuyoshi likes this