Schu81

Nerf beer!

You know beer is overpowered when you really see no reason to take anything else to a tournament. 

6 minutes ago, Procastination said:

I think we should FAQ the Beer card to "Limited" or "Once per Turn".

But what if you take imperial IPA's? Those things start playing the game for you even with limited use

The answer to beer is obviously a margarita. The dual mode (rocks versus frozen) gives you wonderful flexibility, and the upgrade option of  salt versus no salt lets you fine-tune your squad.

Then again, there's always that weird person who comes with the strawberry version that nobody else likes and they still swear it's the best choice...

I find my morning games work best with the meta standard triple bloody Mary boats.

There's usually enough points left over for spicy or celery upgrades...

Problem is, if you bring that to an evening game, everyone else will boo you off the table.

21 hours ago, drathbun said:

The answer to beer is obviously a margarita. The dual mode (rocks versus frozen) gives you wonderful flexibility, and the upgrade option of  salt versus no salt lets you fine-tune your squad.

Then again, there's always that weird person who comes with the strawberry version that nobody else likes and they still swear it's the best choice...

I don't know, too much salt on margaritas' effectiveness on the table.

Unless it has the "free pour" title, maybe.

Totally agree that FFG is doing a great job! Yay Star Wars X-Wing! Thanks for playing everyone.

Beer just needs a point adjustment to be balanced. In most of Canada the minimum drinking age is 19, but in the states it's 21. It makes the states chronically underpowered as a good vacation destination for me. 

I guess since I live here I'll stick to the chronically underpowered soda faction for a little longer...