Jump to content
MajorJuggler

2017 Nationals Championships

Recommended Posts

Corran is good because he attacks twice, effectively doubling his offensive value.  Same reason we see so much of Dengar, Quickdraw, and Kanan, as well, since they all "double-tap" in their own ways.  Bossk + Cluster Missiles + Crane is about the only YV-666 build that's close to competively viable, and he's double-tapping with those missile shots.  All of this bodes well for the new Khirakkadkalsdf PS4 who can double-tap when folks get bombed, though being Scum he's competing with quite a few A-listers. 

Makes you realize just how darn bad the Falcon has been in the current meta since the Resistance "double-tap" Chewie is nowhere to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

Corran is good because he attacks twice, effectively doubling his offensive value.  Same reason we see so much of Dengar, Quickdraw, and Kanan, as well, since they all "double-tap" in their own ways.  Bossk + Cluster Missiles + Crane is about the only YV-666 build that's close to competively viable, and he's double-tapping with those missile shots.  All of this bodes well for the new Khirakkadkalsdf PS4 who can double-tap when folks get bombed, though being Scum he's competing with quite a few A-listers. 

Makes you realize just how darn bad the Falcon has been in the current meta since the Resistance "double-tap" Chewie is nowhere to be seen.

I'm not sure there were any attacks performed by that list.

Edited by Chibi-Nya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MajorJuggler

I don't have other details, but here are the archetypes of France and Germany Nationals as were posted on Reddit and Facebook

 

France National Championship 2017

 

Winner

Nym+VeteranInstincts+TLT+Bomblets+Havoc+EngineUpgrade+AccuracyCorrector+Genius (47)
Dash+LoneWolf+HLC+Rey+Outrider+Smuggling+BurnoutSLAM (53)

Runner up

Yorr (with kylo) QD Vader (both ps 11 and cruise)

Top 4

Vader QD kestel (all cruise)

Not compiled top 32

4ship rebels

Rey Jan

Nymgar

Biggs lowhric Mira

Rac whisper

Nymgar

Nym Mira

Vessery omega Inqui

Vader maarek(tieAdv) vessery

2*tieSF omega

Ketsu Bossk

Fenn Teroch scout

Dash Mira

Rey lowhric

Fenn Nym sunny

Asajj scout lok (mimdlink)

4ship rebel

Fenn Terry scout

Vessery qd omega

4ship rebel

Dengar tel

Yorr QD Backdraft

Kath Nym

Kanan lowhric biggs

dash nym

Dash nym

Dash nym

Yorr QD Vader

Fenn asajj palobi

Vader QD kestel (all cruise)

Vess ryad delta

Palpshuttle ryad inqui

Edited by Sunitsa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany National Championship 2017

Winner Timo Raabe

Dengar Nym

Runner up Sascha

Dengar + Fenn + Inaldra

Top 4

Nym + Assajj + Sunny

Quadruple Scurrgs

Top 8

Han Nym

Denym

Dashing Miranda

Dengar + Fenn + Inaldra

Top 16

FSR 2.0

Denym

Kanan/Zeb + Biggs

PS 9 imp swarm (BD, QD and two TIE aces)

Parattani

Denym

Kanan/Zeb + Biggs

Assaj + Palob + Fenn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FTS Gecko said:

I'm unfamiliar with this particular list... any chance you could elaborate?

A copy pasted mistake, it's how FSR (any version involving Biggs/Rex/Lowrick) is called by who compiled the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

South African Nationals 2017

Winner : Rudolf Joubert
Captain Nym + Expertise + Twin Laser Turret + Extra Munitions + Thermal Detonators + Thermal Detonators + Havoc + Engine Upgrade + Minefield Mapper + Genius
Miranda Doni + Twin Laser Turret + Extra Munitions + Sabine Wren + Thermal Detonators + Conner Net + Advanced SLAM
(100)
Runner Up : James Pelser
Poe Dameron (PS9) + Black One + R2-D2 + Autothrusters + Intensity + Comm Relay

Dash Rendar + Lone Wolf + Heavy Laser Cannon + Rey + Outrider + Smuggling Compartment + Rigged Cargo Chute
(98)

Top 4
Captain Nym + Veteran Instincts + Autoblaster Turret + Cruise Missiles + Bomblet Generator + Havoc + Advanced Sensors + Genius
Dengar + Expertise + Plasma Torpedoes + Extra Munitions + K4 Security Droid + Unhinged Astromech + Punishing One
(100)
"Quickdraw" + Veteran Instincts + Fire-Control System + Cruise Missiles + Special Ops Training + Lightweight Frame

Darth Vader + Cruise Missiles + Veteran Instincts + Engine Upgrade + TIE/x1 + Advanced Targeting Computer
Sienar Specialist + Twin Laser Turret + Lightweight Frame
(100)

Top 8
Colonel Vessery + TIE/x7 + Intensity
Countess Ryad + TIE/x7 + Twin Ion Engine Mk. II + Push the Limit
Omicron Group Pilot + Collision Detector + Emperor Palpatine
(100)
Chewbacca (TFA) + Scavenger Crane + Adaptability + Dash Rendar + Rey + Smuggling Compartment + Concussion Missiles

Bandit Squadron Pilot + Guidance Chips + Concussion Missiles
Bandit Squadron Pilot + Guidance Chips + Concussion Missiles
Bandit Squadron Pilot + Guidance Chips + Concussion Missiles
(100)
Captain Rex

Biggs Darklighter + R4-D6 + Integrated Astromech
Jess Pava + R2-D6 + Autothrusters + Selflessness
Lowhhrick + Draw Their Fire + Tactician
(100)
Dash Rendar + Push the Limit + Heavy Laser Cannon + Kanan Jarrus + Outrider + Engine Upgrade

Poe Dameron + R2-D2 + Autothrusters + Veteran Instincts + Sensor Cluster
(98)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrAndersson said:

So Nym is 4 for 4 at national and continental championships so far?

Huge surprise. Undercosted, can get to PS10, amazing dial, amazing upgrade bar, minimal counterplay, infinite bombs, doesn't take damage from own bombs, can drop bombs after maneuver, and can fly like a drunk and still bomb you. God I hate this wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Malasombra said:

Commonwealth defenders and a TFA Chewacca on TOP8... Sure South African meta is interesting...

Commonwealth is a fine list that isn't really flown for the fact that it is double the nerf.

 

I think TFA Chewie is a sleeping giant. His ability is way better than he is given credit for. ANYTHING that offers extra shots is good. I mean, how many extra attacks do you get with QuickDraw anyways? 1, often 2, sometimes 3? Chewie gets about the same with his Zs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Scumwing Apologist said:

Huge surprise. Undercosted, can get to PS10, amazing dial, amazing upgrade bar, minimal counterplay, infinite bombs, doesn't take damage from own bombs, can drop bombs after maneuver, and can fly like a drunk and still bomb you. God I hate this wave.

Weird I would have never known until you said that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, wouldn't it have been a real interesting set of Nationals if Imps also got a Nym in the Scurrg Expansion with all these wonderful bells and whistles? It would be like, all Scurrg, all the time; they could have sold the ship for $40 each and still sold lots and made lots more cash. Oh, and look, a bonus whether FFG wants it or not: an absolutely balanced meta at the top.

.....weird to even think that, huh?

 

 

Footnote: Oh, and you Star Wars purists who want to throw poo; don't start spouting any of that defense of cannon stuff cause this game doesn't hold that line. Say hello Advanced Slam, Arc Caster, etc.

Edited by clanofwolves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

Boy, wouldn't it have been a real interesting set of Nationals if Imps also got a Nym in the Scurrg Expansion with all these wonderful bells and whistles? It would be like, all Scurrg, all the time; they could have sold the ship for $40 each and still sold lots and made lots more cash. Oh, and look, a bonus whether FFG wants it or not: an absolutely balanced meta at the top.

.....weird to even think that, huh?

 

 

Footnote: Oh, and you Star Wars purists who want to throw poo; don't start spouting any of that defense of cannon stuff cause this game doesn't hold that line. Say hello Advanced Slam, Arc Caster, etc.

Sounds like someone hasn't discovered VI, Cruise missiles, Vader and Quickdraw yet... Run 'em and see how quickly Nym goes down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Scumwing Apologist said:

Yeah! And look at all the Alpha Strike PS11 Cruise Missile Imp lists that made it into top cuts at major events! SIGN ME UP!

Represents half the top 4 of French nationals, one of them was a UK player so there's an archetype that's being tested across Europe. Cruise is a growing theme in general. PS Wars are a thing.

We are going to be seeing more of these guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Estarriol said:

Represents half the top 4 of French nationals, one of them was a UK player so there's an archetype that's being tested across Europe. Cruise is a growing theme in general. PS Wars are a thing.

We are going to be seeing more of these guys. 

where's the madman that loves Tycho try a cruise missile build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...