MajorJuggler

2017 Nationals Championships

408 posts in this topic

From what I saw I don't really think anyone felt they had an easy path into top 8 from either day. There where plenty of skilled, competitive and dedicated players present both Friday and Saturday.
I understand why some people might dislike the split into 2 flights thing, but given the choice between having just a 64 person National with one flight or having 2 flights to allow up to 128 players, we went with the (imo right) solution to allow as many players as possible from the Nordic Region to participate. 

KMitchell likes this

2 hours ago, Holmelund said:

From what I saw I don't really think anyone felt they had an easy path into top 8 from either day. There where plenty of skilled, competitive and dedicated players present both Friday and Saturday.
I understand why some people might dislike the split into 2 flights thing, but given the choice between having just a 64 person National with one flight or having 2 flights to allow up to 128 players, we went with the (imo right) solution to allow as many players as possible from the Nordic Region to participate. 

Yeah, as I said a split swiss is a necessary evil in some cases. I will never like it, but it's way better than a running a smaller National tournament

Edited by Sunitsa

Paired with a sigma, no less!

On the off side: Am I the only one who finds it funny that there is a 103 pts list in the top 8 at the russian nationals?

Im kidding of course, it was surely ok but put into listjugg wrongly. It's still funny to me.

FlyingAnchors likes this

4 minutes ago, mdl0114 said:

Was it literally a 35 person tournament or is listjuggler just wrong?

yep, 35. From Moscow and 8 cities. Hard to increase our cult adopts count without official support at all :-)

But our community built on hope! :-)

(my battle report [on russian of course]

)

Sad to hear y'all aren't getting any official support. It's hard enough getting a gaming community together that travels and has events with official support.

Can't understand a word of the video, but nice work putting one together!

Timathius and FlyingAnchors like this