Sign in to follow this  
Cold Iron1

Any results yet?

So unicorn road off to seek new ga..I mean enemies of rokugan. Dragon getting 8 is quite impressive. Must be because they had good control with item bouncing. Other clans must need a more than one box to get there strategies to be reliable.

1 minute ago, Eisenmerc said:

Nooooo! The Dragon have betrayed the empire with their foolishness!

Eh, I think this result fits with the Dragon's outlook. They believe in different, individual paths to Enlightenment (though not at the expense of everyone and everything else, and generally not by ditching Bushido).

Wow, Dragon running away with it. Interesting that meishodo will carry on despite the fact no Unicorn hatamotos exist at this point. Honestly I was half-rooting for a ban, but curious to see how this goes. 

22 minutes ago, Sometimes Y said:

Is that just in the US, or globally, or? Did they get specific at all?

Sorry, They didn't get specific. I've heard there's supposed to be an announcement posted online tomorrow, if that's true it may give more detail. 

30 minutes ago, Cold Iron1 said:

Cool now we can do magic while yelling names at the oni. By the way did they have someone dressed up to announce the emperor's decision?

Nah, the dressed up people were looking gone. But they did have Katrina more or less running the show for that, which is only fitting IMO.

25 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Did it come down to a tiebreaker or did the Poni's win the vote outright?

Also, can't wait for Iuchiban to get to work on those bloodswords.  

No clue on the tiebreaker, FFG collected the ballots which included both player clan and vote, then came back and announced it. I would guess though there wasn't a tiebreaker. 

31 minutes ago, Togashi Gao Shan said:

As for Dragon doing so well: Neat. 

They're really good when everyone is playing with a single core set. With full constructed, they're a lot less powerful. They might even end up being one of the least consistent / powerful clans in constructed, but we shall see.

I don't know what decks people played with, but one issue I had as a Phoenix player was lack of Dynasty power. So I would bet Dragon did so well because they can use their attachments on  just about everyone. That really helps when you draw a bunch of neutral characters.

I hope some of the Phoenix voted the way I would have if I was there: allow the practice to continue. After all, we can't steal the secrets honourably if they are driven into the realm of the illegal.

Good to see Meishodo persists.

Edited by Isawa Miyu

Glad to see our Dragon allies helping to honour and protect our ways.  I've been doing well with them myself, but I never expected them to dominate that much.

Not surprised about the no hatamotos for Unicorn, tbh, I'm 1-3 with them myself.  Movement tricks are cool and all, but sometimes you just need a hammer.

58 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

Glad to see our Dragon allies helping to honour and protect our ways.  I've been doing well with them myself, but I never expected them to dominate that much.

Not surprised about the no hatamotos for Unicorn, tbh, I'm 1-3 with them myself.  Movement tricks are cool and all, but sometimes you just need a hammer.

Like the Captive Audiance/Moto Horde-Hammer? ;)

I think Unicorn sufferd a lot from the One Coreset Format. More than other clans.

Edited by Bayushi Nono

Dell, we have played more than 40 games with 3 cores (without roles) and half of them with all the cards, and the unicorn hasnt won a single Game. On the other hand dragon goes 10-2 i think. Foro me there is a clear difference. Lets see with roles, but i cant see any big difference comming from it

49 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

Glad to see our Dragon allies helping to honour and protect our ways.

We are the clan:

• where the bushi wield two swords while everyone else wields one
  • where the magistrates solve crimes through forensics even though the courts are ruled by testimony
  • where the shugenja take swords and magic to the front lines while everyone else try to keep safely away from battle
  • where the monks go around with bare skin covered only by mystical tattoos when just baring one's shoulders is considered scandalous

So was there any doubt that we'd be more accepting of an alternative magical practice?

:D no game in 40 games in a normal environnement ? something wrong with your unicorn it seems :D Yet, unicorn as scorpion, is a very difficult clan to play and demand lot and lot experience especially against all different clans... You will be able to master them soon ! Just keep trying, the clan worth it and can reward you a lot when mastered ! 

In one coreset, nevertheless, unicorn is very weak unable to find his combos and tricks with all cards in X1. Dragon on the other hand is near unstoppable as their SH only make any peep province taker easily... the result is not a surprise.

@nono : captive audience / moto horde ? seems difficult combo to bring with one coreset only... further you need to make horde come by SH to avoid being bowed and send home... when i think of unicorn, this is not why the clan is feared at first :D

Yet more generally, i agree totally with you unicorn dynasty peeps don't seem to like force and unicorn don't see to be the slower clan (at the contrary in fact :D). But clearly one coreset format make them near unplayables contrary to their impressive position in X3 coresets.

14 minutes ago, Silme said:

:D no game in 40 games in a normal environnement ? something wrong with your unicorn it seems :D 

But clearly one coreset format make them near unplayables contrary to their impressive position in X3 coresets.

Maybe muy deck os wrong, would you mind sending me vía pm or in a post yours so i can take a look? We have only played about 5 games with unicorn, so i am not adamant about my opinions :) we have yo Play a lot yet. What is your ally?