Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cold Iron1

Any results yet?

65 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Round Three is still going a few more minutes, two more rounds to go. Honestly, I'd say we probably won't be done before 10:30 local at this point. Round Three pairings took about 30-40 minutes to post after Round Two ended. 

Holy crepes! What time did it start?

9 minutes ago, Shu2jack said:

Holy crepes! What time did it start?

I don't recall the exact start time, but want to say round one started around 3:15-3:30? Opening ceremony started at 1pm and went for maybe 30 min, then they needed to distribute core sets to everyone, then deck boxes with the suggested decks and registration slip, then there was a lot of time for people to glance through the rules and build their decks. The first pairings were posted after all that and were initially posted kinda randomly, so it took awhile to get everyone sorted. 

Just now, Zesu Shadaban said:

I don't recall the exact start time, but want to say round one started around 3:15-3:30? Opening ceremony started at 1pm and went for maybe 30 min, then they needed to distribute core sets to everyone, then deck boxes with the suggested decks and registration slip, then there was a lot of time for people to glance through the rules and build their decks. The first pairings were posted after all that and were initially posted kinda randomly, so it took awhile to get everyone sorted. 

Are you competing? How are you fairing? Any sense on how specific clans are doing or what is being played the most/very little?

Just now, Shu2jack said:

Are you competing? How are you fairing? Any sense on how specific clans are doing or what is being played the most/very little?

I'm playing, with 3 losses so far I'm not sure "competing" is the right word to use. :P

When the match results are turned in, they're supposed to list what clan each player is using, so hopefully that will lead to some results posted. From what I've seen and heard, Phoenix, Crane, and Scorpion seem popular, Lion and Unicorn not so much. I've heard Dragon players are doing well, but haven't run into any myself. 

At this point we're likely to have increased drops since this was only scheduled until 8pm and people have other events, clan dinners, etc. Since no shows are considered a forfeit and a win for their opponent,  I'm not sure what effect that might have on results, either. 

SirEuain likes this

2 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

I'm playing, with 3 losses so far I'm not sure "competing" is the right word to use. :P

When the match results are turned in, they're supposed to list what clan each player is using, so hopefully that will lead to some results posted. From what I've seen and heard, Phoenix, Crane, and Scorpion seem popular, Lion and Unicorn not so much. I've heard Dragon players are doing well, but haven't run into any myself. 

Thanks for the info! You are beating every one who hasn't shown up and you already won my heart.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shu2jack said:

Thanks for the info! You are beating every one who hasn't shown up and you already won my heart.

Pulled out a win in round 4 by dishonoring my Unicorn opponent. That felt good even if it was his misplay that cost him the game.  Although I failed to snag his last honor with Contingency Plan in game round 2, so I feel like our misplays balance each other out.  :lol:

ADD: I credit my good fortune in part to your moral support! :D

Edited by Zesu Shadaban

Posted (edited)

And update: time has just been called on Round 4 (9:18 Central), so anyone still playing will finish the current turn and use tiebreaker rules to report results (2 points per unbroken province, 2 points for most honor, 1 point for having the imperial favor). A LOT of people have dropped by now, although I would assume most contenders for hatamoto are still playing. I estimate 15-20 minutes to get everything turned in for round 4, and another 20-30 minutes to post round 5 pairings for a final round of (I believe) 55 minutes. 

Edited by Zesu Shadaban
Shu2jack and Horiuchi Kuma like this

Posted (edited)

I'm on the edge of my mate! Thanks for keeping all of us who couldn't make it posted!

Also, and this is unrelated, but the first time I looked at this post I read your name as "Zeus Shadaban." I was trying to imagine this group of Phoenix shugenja standing around in their orange kimonos with one random white-toga'd dude in the middle throwing lightning all over the place.

Edited by Mandalore525

6 minutes ago, Mandalore525 said:

I'm on the edge of my mate! Thanks for keeping all of us who couldn't make it posted!

Also, and this is unrelated, but the first time I looked at this post I read your name as "Zeus Shadaban." I was trying to imagine this group of Phoenix shugenja standing around in their orange kimonos with one random white-toga'd dude in the middle throwing lightning all over the place.

Well it takes a lot to stand out in clan who wear blaze orange all the time 😜😜

and thank you for keeping us updated ZS.😁😁

Mandalore525 likes this

1 hour ago, Mandalore525 said:

I was trying to imagine this group of Phoenix shugenja standing around in their orange kimonos with one random white-toga'd dude in the middle throwing lightning all over the place.

The guy in the toga is called Hantei.

Mandalore525 likes this

6 minutes ago, Oliveira said:

The guy in the toga is called Hantei.

Oh really? Is Hantei particularly fond of Roman formalwear?

Posted (edited)

There's Crab here, I just didn't play any or talk to people who did. FWIW I ended up playing 2 rounds against Crane, 2 against Unicorn, and 1 against Scorpion, so I didn't exactly get much variety to play against. 

Round 5 results have been turned in, they're doing last call for hatamotos to report in. Players who feel they did worst in clan are lined up by their clan mon banners for some sort of special prize, I saw clan colored roses, not sure if there's anything else. 

ADD: Looks like clan mon medallions for the worst players in each clan. Fun!

Edited by Zesu Shadaban

5 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

There's Crab here, I just didn't play any or talk to people who did. FWIW I ended up playing 2 rounds against Crane, 2 against Unicorn, and 1 against Scorpion, so I didn't exactly get much variety to play against. 

Round 5 results have been turned in, they're doing last call for hatamotos to report in. Players who feel they did worst in clan are lined up by their clan mon banners for some sort of special prize, I saw clan colored roses, not sure if there's anything else. 

Thanks for the updates!!

Thanks for keeping us updated. Have a few friends there and hope to see if they made Hatamoto. Also must know what clan shall gain the Imperial Favor!

Will results be posted officially somewhere? I want to know the clan makeup of the winning hatamotos, but would feel like a jerk asking Shabadan to compile results for us.

Posted (edited)

Way to go dragon! Now the deliberations. Assuming they stick to the story, the Phoenix will be 'Ban' votes. But where will the dragon stand? Can anyone really know? And furthermore what is the nature of standing?

Edited by Eisenmerc
Doji Tori likes this