Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlodVargarna

Obi Wan film CONFIRMED*

53 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

To be honest, I could see using him as a toshiro mifune-esque 'ragged warrior' ambling around tatooine. Yojimbo worked perfectly well as a western, this would just be a western with aliens and swords....

I'd agree that putting him up against the local crime syndicates would work, but it feels somehow anticlimactic. Whilst Rogue One is the story of making something epic happen (stealing the plans to the death star), Kenobi is the story of making sure nothing whatsoever of significance happens. 

Unless something did happen, in which case you're going to have to write around it carefully.

• I'm getting too old for this sort of thing could indeed be taken to mean that stuff has happened
  • Luke does know who 'old ben' is and roughly where to find him, so he has met him before
  • Uncle Owen really reacts badly to Kenobi's name being mentioned. It's possible there's a reason behind this more than just his history with Anakin.

My brain is now essentially roughly recasting "for a fistful of dollars" with Jabba and [other criminals] playing the part of the Baxters and the Rojos, the Imperials playing the part of the army, and the Tusken sandpeople tribes cast as bandits/native americans (i.e. the gun/whisky customers off camera in the original), with tosche station and environs (including the lars homestead) playing San Miguel.

If an inquisitor reported to the empire "we've found Obiwan Kenobi", then he'd have the Asthmatic in Black turning up so fast it'd be unbelievable, I suspect.

Exactly. A further reason why Obi not going by his true name for the movie isn't too much of a problem. 

One of the points you brought up that I would love to see delved into is Uncle Owen. I would love it if he and Beru were fleshed out in the movie, starting as Obi's allies and becoming alienated because of the events of the movie. If they can make me mourn the Lars passing more the next time I watch ANH, that would be a win for me.

1 hour ago, SabineKey said:

One of the points you brought up that I would love to see delved into is Uncle Owen. I would love it if he and Beru were fleshed out in the movie, starting as Obi's allies and becoming alienated because of the events of the movie. If they can make me mourn the Lars passing more the next time I watch ANH, that would be a win for me.

This is a great idea. I usually just wonder how the Empire Bar B Q'd the Lars' but I really don't care. Sure it's sad for Luke, but they already established that he and his uncle don't really get along, and he's pretty much instantly over it, so a little love for the Lars' would be a good thing.  They already have the actors to play them from Episode 3. It could really work. 

SabineKey likes this

29 minutes ago, JJFDVORAK said:

This is a great idea. I usually just wonder how the Empire Bar B Q'd the Lars' but I really don't care. Sure it's sad for Luke, but they already established that he and his uncle don't really get along, and he's pretty much instantly over it, so a little love for the Lars' would be a good thing.  They already have the actors to play them from Episode 3. It could really work. 

And... more blue milk is always a good thing.