Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rowdyoctopus

All 4 armies painted in the GenCon case.

13 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Willange said:

I actually think the Uthuk look pretty good.  However, I do plan to paint mine differently.

The big arm guy is the only one a bit over the top for me. The rest look great.

5 hours ago, Darthain said:

Those paint jobs certainly aren't doing the Uthuk any favours. 

*Colour scheme...Fixed it for you

12 minutes ago, OzKillswitch said:

*Colour scheme...Fixed it for you

Bit of both really, I'm not sure if FFG is too cheap to pay for good paint jobs for the pieces they are displaying, or they are showing rudimentary wash + 1 highlight type work on purpose to show 'everyman' type armies.  Frankly the elves look a lot better in person than in FFGs rather mediocre paint jobs and pictures.  Thank goodness for that. 

Willange likes this

5 hours ago, Darthain said:

Bit of both really, I'm not sure if FFG is too cheap to pay for good paint jobs for the pieces they are displaying, or they are showing rudimentary wash + 1 highlight type work on purpose to show 'everyman' type armies.  Frankly the elves look a lot better in person than in FFGs rather mediocre paint jobs and pictures.  Thank goodness for that. 

I've consistently found that I'm much more impressed by the unpainted minis in person than I am with the painted versions they show in previews.  For example, the Scions looked neat, but not great.  When I bought mine today, they looked awesome!   Night and day.

Darthain and Budgernaut like this

4 hours ago, Willange said:

I've consistently found that I'm much more impressed by the unpainted minis in person than I am with the painted versions they show in previews.  For example, the Scions looked neat, but not great.  When I bought mine today, they looked awesome!   Night and day.

Agree, and I am confident I can make the leonx look much less derpy.

Willange and Hepitude like this