EastCoast

SWtRP West End Reprint via FFG!

I really Love Love Love West End's Star Wars. Late 80s it was simply Amazing. The full colour plates...JOIN THE IMPERIAL NAVY. The Falcon's blueprint. Background info about the ships. One of my uncles travelled to Miami once a year and often returned with some sourcebooks. Pre Amazon era. Only 30 years ago...snifff sniffff.

Ya know, my getting into the SW RPG is completely and totally my dad's fault. (For added context, I NEVER knew of the SW RPG until the day in question). Back when the 2nd Revised and Expanded Edition was JUST hitting (1996), my dad was working at a book printing plant, and any that got rejected and would be sent to the dumpster, employees could have as long as they didn't abuse it. I went out to meet some friends at a high school football game one Friday night. When I got home, there was a copy of the 2nd Revised and Expanded edition waiting for me.  That was my first ever exposure to the RPG.

Out of 105 supplements/sourcebooks/adventures/etc (NOT including stuff that got a 2nd print; for example, the Imperial Sourcebook got a 2nd printing), I currently have 72 of them......most of the Galaxy Guides (just missing 6 and 12), all of the Adventure Journals, and I think everything that was printed in hardcover. I even have a Tales of the Jedi sourcebook that the cover was put on it upside down!

Even if you never play the game (which you SHOULD anyways, it's fun!), there is SO much good material in there!

I am TOTALLY getting the reprint!

Perhaps I own now circa 50 West End's RPG books. But only the main sourcebooks about ships on my shelves. The others hibernating in a temperature and humidity controled room, inside boxes. Perhaps five years since I invested one hour giving them some fresh air. 

Please reprint STAR WARRIORS. Oh please please please. My copy is one of my few games that suffered badly after provisional storage due to works. 

Feel like Heston in the beach, cursing. Noooooooooo! Or like Vader ep 3. Noooooooo!

On 8/20/2017 at 2:37 AM, Hexdot said:

Please reprint STAR WARRIORS. Oh please please please. My copy is one of my few games that suffered badly after provisional storage due to works. 

Feel like Heston in the beach, cursing. Noooooooooo! Or like Vader ep 3. Noooooooo!

SPEAKING OF THAT.........I just came across mine that I got many many moons ago!  I did an inventory of it.......other than the dice (shocker), it's missing ONE cardboard token (and the one token isn't an important one).  

Thanks FFG, I have SO been in the RPG mood again since the announcement!