Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Velvetelvis

Gen con x wing streams

21 posts in this topic

None of the usual channels have said anything yet...or I'm dense and missed it.

Are any of the media moguls streaming x wing at gencon?

Another player told me that FFG doesn't have a presence this year at Gencon. Hard to believe. I haven't been able to confirm or refute that statement.

48 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

Another player told me that FFG doesn't have a presence this year at Gencon. Hard to believe. I haven't been able to confirm or refute that statement.

Whoever told you that is nuts. Nevermind the articles about in their news section, it's all over their twitter account, and they're one of the major sponsors of the entire convention. 

As for streaming, the tournament area at GenCon is not even remotely suited to doing any streaming out of. No wired internet access, just the convention center wifi that's going to be getting swamped as is, awkward power situation, space being at a premium for as big as their space is. They're going to be cramming those tables as full of place spaces as possible. 

So tl;dr don't expect any live streaming going on, at least not for flights 1 and 2. Maybe for the cut on Saturday when they don't need as much space.

Sithborg, Stoneface, Odanan and 1 other like this

Bummer.  I was really hoping to catch some of the play today and tomorrow on stream.  None of the podcasters are going to be streaming any games?

29 minutes ago, Malabor said:

Bummer.  I was really hoping to catch some of the play today and tomorrow on stream.  None of the podcasters are going to be streaming any games?

Like I said, there's just no room on the tables for the equipment, let alone power sources or reliable internet. You can probably find photos of past events, or just watch the FFG  and FFGOP twitter accounts for some today, they pack you in pretty close.

Just pictures of who's playing what and doing well would be very welcome for the unfortunate non-goers.

If I were there I'd be taking pictures and live blogging for ya'll, but X-Wing journalism is largely a community-driven affair, and I'm sadly a GenCant this year :-/

Mu0n729 likes this

Honestly...if be content with just filing games then editing commenting and uploading them after the event.

Easier said then done especially since I'm not doing the work for it.

But that would earn some money. From me.

In all the years I've gone to GenCon (first one was in 99 and have only missed the 2002 one since) that wifi has been a thing, I've NEVER had much luck with the wifi in the convention center. If anyone is even TRYING to stream anything, gooooooood luck!

And in the pics I've seen from Indy thus far (I'm only gonna be there on Sunday), yeah, bonafide nuts.