Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grey Mage

Suicide Squad

12 posts in this topic

Or, how I stopped ******* about the Raider.

EMPIRE FLEET (394 points) (Vader)
• Objectives - Opening Salvo - Hyperspace Assault - Dangerous Territory (0)

1 • Quasar Fire I-class Cruiser-Carrier - Admiral Montferrat - Disposable Capacitors - Rapid Launch Bays - Pursuant (70)
2 • VT-49 Decimator (22)
3 • VT-49 Decimator (22)
4 • VT-49 Decimator (22)
5 • VT-49 Decimator (22)
6 • Raider I-class corvette - Darth Vader - Disposable Capacitors - External Racks (86)
7 • Raider I-class corvette - Disposable Capacitors - External Racks (50)
8 • Raider I-class corvette - Disposable Capacitors - External Racks (50)
9 • Raider I-class corvette - Disposable Capacitors - External Racks (50)

The idea being getting in, maximizing damage, and if at all possible getting out and away again. The Decimators of course are hanging out in the Quasar, which would be my selection for Hyperspace assault. I have a feeling Ill be playing alot of dangerous territory- in which case staying back with the carrier and taking spread out objective points for the first few turns might give me the points edge to do a late turn entrapment and come out ahead even if things dont come out perfectly.

Ace lists are likely to give me some problems. The question is can I maximize the death of their capital ships and wipe the GR75s out first, or no?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

After reading the disposable capacitors card, I am not sure that you can use your blue dice without having any red. Can anyone confirm or deny?

And I think they are not worth it with 2 blue dice and nothing else in a battery.

Edited by Doppelganger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Capacitors are fine with just blue dice but you want them on something with a bigger volley than Raiders. I think this might be a good list for Screed and lots of ACMs or APTs on the raiders possibly with Ordnance experts too for the super rerolling double black dice flak.  

Megatronrex likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're gonna run this I'd switch Montferrat to a Flight Commander so that you can deploy those Decimators after you move. I ran something similar with an ISD before Boarding Troopers came out and it can be nasty but it's also very predictable and I'm unsure about using a fragile delivery system like the Quasar and see it possibly having a hard time trading up. I agree 100% with everything @Mad Catsaid Screed, APT and OE would fit this list nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK,

so on paper, this list looks OK, but in practice it will likely get chewed to pieces.

Assuming you want the same ship and squadron make up, change the Quasar to a II and add Boosted Comms and Kallus, drop the other stuff. You absolutely do not want your Quasar up close in the fight. The red anti-squadron dice from the II will help the Deci's

The Deci's are all 'Heavy' and so cannot pin your enemies squadrons in place and if your Quasar avoids enemy ships, it won't avoid their squads. Drop one of them and add Valan Rudor, He can hold enemy squads in place, but due to his ability, can't be attacked if enemy squadrons are engaged with your Deci's.

The capacitors on Raider I's are a complete waste of points. Drop them and add Ordnance Experts to reroll those black dice.

Drop Vader and use Ozzel, Raiders need to use superior movement to be in the right place at the right time and then get the **** out of dodge.

Overall, I think I just trashed your list, for which I apologize, but for anything outside of a 'fun' game with your mates, the list as is will result in a great deal of hefty losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Megatronrex said:

If you're gonna run this I'd switch Montferrat to a Flight Commander so that you can deploy those Decimators after you move. I ran something similar with an ISD before Boarding Troopers came out and it can be nasty but it's also very predictable and I'm unsure about using a fragile delivery system like the Quasar and see it possibly having a hard time trading up. I agree 100% with everything @Mad Catsaid Screed, APT and OE would fit this list nicely.

Pursuant allows it to use a squadron command at any time.  

 

 

3 hours ago, Englishpete said:

OK,

so on paper, this list looks OK, but in practice it will likely get chewed to pieces.

Assuming you want the same ship and squadron make up, change the Quasar to a II and add Boosted Comms and Kallus, drop the other stuff. You absolutely do not want your Quasar up close in the fight. The red anti-squadron dice from the II will help the Deci's

The Deci's are all 'Heavy' and so cannot pin your enemies squadrons in place and if your Quasar avoids enemy ships, it won't avoid their squads. Drop one of them and add Valan Rudor, He can hold enemy squads in place, but due to his ability, can't be attacked if enemy squadrons are engaged with your Deci's.

The capacitors on Raider I's are a complete waste of points. Drop them and add Ordnance Experts to reroll those black dice.

Drop Vader and use Ozzel, Raiders need to use superior movement to be in the right place at the right time and then get the **** out of dodge.

Overall, I think I just trashed your list, for which I apologize, but for anything outside of a 'fun' game with your mates, the list as is will result in a great deal of hefty losses.

You did more or less completely change the list, and I think Ill disagree with you and then see what further advice you have for it.

Im not looking to guarantee the Quasar lives. Im looking to drop 15+ blue dice on the target of my choice when and where I need it. I know its fragile, but is it so fragile it cant close with a target? 

Valens a good plan. Ill see if I can work him in somehow.

Capacitators are there for opening salvo mostly. Its 12pts, but allows for a 2b/2bl at long range. Its a gimmick, but one that lets them actually use evades for a change and potentially take out other small ships at range. Adding ordnance experts to reroll 2 dice when I already intend to use vader to reroll 4 dice seems counter intuitive.

Is Ozzel actually useful? With command one Im already able to pull out nav commands more or less at will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Grey Mage said:

Pursuant allows it to use a squadron command at any time.  

 

 

 

 

23 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

Nope. It allows it "When you reveal a command". That doesn't mean after you move.

What @Megatronrex means is that the Quasar will move, resolve the squadron command after it moves due to flight commander, and unload the VT49s on the opponent.

Megatronrex likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2017 at 8:17 AM, Grey Mage said:

Capacitators are there for opening salvo mostly. Its 12pts, but allows for a 2b/2bl at long range. Its a gimmick, but one that lets them actually use evades for a change and potentially take out other small ships at range. Adding ordnance experts to reroll 2 dice when I already intend to use vader to reroll 4 dice seems counter intuitive.

I think that Dcaps is only blue at long range... not both. 

BrobaFett likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/17/2017 at 8:17 AM, Grey Mage said:

I'm not looking to guarantee the Quasar lives. Im looking to drop 15+ blue dice on the target of my choice when and where I need it. I know its fragile, but is it so fragile it cant close with a target?

15 blue dice with no rerolls gives you an expected damage of 7.5 with a price tag of 158 points for the quasar and Decimators.

A CR90b with SW7's gives you an expected damage in a double arc of 6 WITH the added ability to register crit effects with a price tag of 45 pts.

I get what you are trying to do, but I think the concern many of us have been trying to convey is that you are sinking a heavily upgraded ISD-2's worth of points into a cr90b's worth of damage potential.

Edited by BrobaFett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, themightyhedgehog said:

I think that Dcaps is only blue at long range... not both. 

You are correct.

 

BUt he;s also listing Opening Salvo

and if you're the 2nd player, you can throw 2 dice of any colour to that.

 

And that is Black.

themightyhedgehog likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0