Snipafist

Star Wars: Legion large scale FFG ground combat minis wargame

251 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A large-scale Star Wars ground combat minis wargame coming soon? Some text got leaked already, but nothing official yet:

Quote

Star Wars: Legion
Epic warfare is an inescapable part of the Star Wars™ universe, and you can lead your troops to victory with Star Wars: Legion™, a two-player miniatures game of thrilling infantry battles in the Star Wars universe! As a miniatures game, Star Wars: Legion invites you to enter the ground battles of the Galactic Civil War as the commander of a unique army filled with troopers, powerful vehicles, and iconic characters. While innovative mechanics for command and control simulate the fog of war and the chaos of battle, the game’s unpainted, easily assembled figures give you a canvas to create any Star Wars army you can imagine.Star Wars: Legion
Epic warfare is an inescapable part of the Star Wars™ universe, and you can lead your troops to victory with Star Wars: Legion™, a two-player miniatures game of thrilling infantry battles in the Star Wars universe! As a miniatures game, Star Wars: Legion invites you to enter the ground battles of the Galactic Civil War as the commander of a unique army filled with troopers, powerful vehicles, and iconic characters. While innovative mechanics for command and control simulate the fog of war and the chaos of battle, the game’s unpainted, easily assembled figures give you a canvas to create any Star Wars army you can imagine.

If this is true, OUCH my wallet.

Edit: the source is an email from Alliance, the Asmodee/FFG distributor in the US. I've seen it and can verify personally.
FFG SWL01      Star Wars: Legion - Core Set   $89.95 is the only new info. The quote is the full description.

Edited by Snipafist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

What's the source? 

Per the owner of my FLGS, it was in a preorder email from Alliance, the Asmodee(FFG) distributor in America. Base game for $90 MSRP, as he recalls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a Star wars 40K? **** YEAH! Also, do you guys think there will  be no armada/X-wing/IA at gencon and they are going to announce this? Cos I'd be super excited and sad at the same time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Visovics said:

So a Star wars 40K? **** YEAH! Also, do you guys think there will  be no armada/X-wing/IA at gencon and they are going to announce this? Cos I'd be super excited and sad at the same time

No I think they'll announce something for armada. Wave six has been out over a month, presumably they have something for Q4 to release, and Gencon is the right place, right time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Madaghmire said:

No I think they'll announce something for armada. Wave six has been out over a month, presumably they have something for Q4 to release, and Gencon is the right place, right time.

No reason they couldn't announce it all at GENCON.

MandalorianMoose likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madaghmire said:

Yeah thats my point.

Oh sorry, didn't fully read what you had quoted. Yeah, I expect this to be announced tomorrow alongside everything else.

Undeadguy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Oh sorry, didn't fully read what you had quoted. Yeah, I expect this to be announced tomorrow alongside everything else.

Not Friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this was exactly my thought. Have been thinking about getting back into Rune Wars now that the elves are coming out and there maybe be more of a community. But if this game plays anything like Rune Wars I'm 100% sold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KingCHUD said:

Yeah this was exactly my thought. Have been thinking about getting back into Rune Wars now that the elves are coming out and there maybe be more of a community. But if this game plays anything like Rune Wars I'm 100% sold

SW ground combat sounds dull as doornails to me, so it'll just pull from what I want to play and I'll play more Armada.

Parakitor likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now