On 27/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, HorusArisen said:

Would never run a d6 game over The FFG system but there’s a reason I’ve kept all the books...they’re a ***load of awesome as inspiration.

Well there is still a large fan base of the D6 system version of Star Wars out there...

That there are still fans of a game decades out of print is a testament of the game, 

How many can say that?

On 27/12/2017 at 0:31 AM, LadySkywalker said:

I'm very tempted to get a copy of this, despite the fact that I already own the Revised and Expanded rulebook.

Do it, even if you don't use it, it's a collectible part of gaming history, 

16 minutes ago, Harper. said:

Well there is still a large fan base of the D6 system version of Star Wars out there...

That there are still fans of a game decades out of print is a testament of the game, 

How many can say that?

I’m not surprised, for the most part they’re a great read which is why I own them, game wise I don’t like how they run but it’s a personal preference.

West End Games had unprecedented access to Lucasarts notes, artwork, journals, and every backgrounder that was available. I believe the lead designer said, he just rang up the ranch, told them what he wanted to do and they let him in. 

Back in the day, many were questioning whether Star Wars was still relevant, those resource books were the best. They NAMED races that we didn't know about. Because Lucas had all the stories figured out, WEG used as much as possible.

We have the Star Wars Universe because WEG made this game.

I'm glad these companies are re-releasing the 'classic' games (AD&D 1st ed by WOTC, SWRPG by FFG); I'm waiting for the FASA Star Trek game to make an appearance next (we only played that game for the ship to ship combat - which was first class design).

There are not enough word to express my joy at this release.

Thank you FFG, again!

6 hours ago, TheEldarGuy said:

West End Games had unprecedented access to Lucasarts notes, artwork, journals, and every backgrounder that was available. I believe the lead designer said, he just rang up the ranch, told them what he wanted to do and they let him in. 

Back in the day, many were questioning whether Star Wars was still relevant, those resource books were the best. They NAMED races that we didn't know about. Because Lucas had all the stories figured out, WEG used as much as possible.

We have the Star Wars Universe because WEG made this game.

I'm glad these companies are re-releasing the 'classic' games (AD&D 1st ed by WOTC, SWRPG by FFG); I'm waiting for the FASA Star Trek game to make an appearance next (we only played that game for the ship to ship combat - which was first class design).

There are not enough word to express my joy at this release.

Thank you FFG, again!

This?

853c8a0283b318ecca146b18bd3fbf36--star-t

Still have that too :)

On 8/16/2017 at 6:42 PM, Atraangelis said:

I cannot belive they will canibalize thier own systme to bring back this system.

What a waste of time and effort. 

Sorry FFG .. RPG FAIL!

By Far the Best Star Wars RPG there has ever been

On 12/26/2017 at 10:31 PM, magnumhan said:

best **** D6 system ever.

I agree. But in the end there weren't that many D6 games, and IIRC Ghostbuster was the only other non-generic title they published.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:14 AM, Wilford9000 said:

I agree. But in the end there weren't that many D6 games, and IIRC Ghostbuster was the only other non-generic title they published.

It certainly was the most popular.  There was a D6 Hercules and Xena (though that was a very similar success-based D6 Legends variant), DC Heroes (Also Legends), not to mention a Metabarons game (which never took off), and they had some Indiana Jones supplements.  Oh, and there was also that other Septimus disaster (which was a disaster when the owner of WEG had the entire boat load pulped).

But, er... yeah... none of those really flew.  So, Star Wars is pretty much the only one that counted.

I’ll bet Indiana Jones D6 would have been popular, if it had gotten more of a push. (I would run it, if I could ever find any of the stuff for it.) Then again, maybe not; maybe CoC was always perceived to have covered that general niche (period globetrotting—even if the underlying mythos was rather different).

On 3/1/2018 at 5:14 AM, Wilford9000 said:

There was always Shadowrun, but that was FASA.

/it's still one of our standard fallback games when we've got nothing else brewing

That said, honestly, though I don't dislike FFG's current SW system, I honestly think that the next time I do anything SW, it's gonna be back into the D6 system. I just like its mechanisms better. Has a more organic flow IMHO (less pausing to interpret dice, more running with the action - for my group at least).

/toss in some narrative/wild die/FATE'esque aspects etc., and we've got a ballgame.

//but right now, this is my fascination (eyebrow up)

Edited by Deathseed

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, Falconer2 said:

I’ll bet Indiana Jones D6 would have been popular, if it had gotten more of a push. (I would run it, if I could ever find any of the stuff for it.) Then again, maybe not; maybe CoC was always perceived to have covered that general niche (period globetrotting—even if the underlying mythos was rather different).

Wasn't WEG Indy D10 based? 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:24 AM, Falconer2 said:

Actually the best way for an Indiana Jones RPG would have been with the TORG RPG structure. The designers referenced Raiders as a major influence for their system. It was a system before the 'Dice in a bag', 'roll for Priority', or 'Take the Lead' style. The to-and-fro element made combat and actions quite exciting. The actual TORG milieu was 7 out of 10, but I have always liked the RPG structure.

I love both WEG d6 and FFG. Both have flaws... And both have very strong strengths. And don't completely overlap. 

Why biggest issue with WEG is that the difficulty is broken for experienced characters... Easily solved by making all rolls "keep 5 dice except when using a force point."... WEG is more freeform.

As for FASA Trek, the copyright is Paramount's... So it isn't impossible... But Modiphiüs is unlikely to follow FFG's lead, and Paramount sued FASA, so there is a rough history...

... I doubt Paramount would let Modiphiüs do it even if Modiphiüs wanted to.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:06 PM, TheEldarGuy said:

Actually the best way for an Indiana Jones RPG would have been with the TORG RPG structure. The designers referenced Raiders as a major influence for their system. It was a system before the 'Dice in a bag', 'roll for Priority', or 'Take the Lead' style. The to-and-fro element made combat and actions quite exciting. The actual TORG milieu was 7 out of 10, but I have always liked the RPG structure.

The first version WEG did was masterbook... Which uses the same engine as Torg, but 2d10 instead of 1d20, and 2 extra cards in the deck.