copperbell

Who still owns copies of both of these?

61 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, flyingcircus said:

The FFG SW sytem just needs a better combat anf force power explanation system in the books, most is very vague at best and mabe an option to play without all the narration dice just some way to play it as a straight up rpg like the old d6 stuff and it would probably gain more followers and people that would play, at least I could get a group to play then.

I guess FFG took it literal on the 'mysteries' of the force:p i do prefer the old control sense alter stats. Then difficulties to use abilities and not relying on the light/dark points and hope their flipped your way to activate more powerful abilities.

On 8/24/2017 at 10:58 PM, unclefuzz said:

I have well over thirty WEG Star Wars books plus the Darkstryder Campaign boxset.  I still have their Indiana Jones games floating around in my RPG closet as well.

Ah yes, the Indiana Jones game.  It had promise, but the rpg/card system ruined it for me.  If only they had used the WEG Star Wars game as a reference, and reworked to fit the Indiana Jones world.  It would have been a winner.

33 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

The 30th anniversary of the 10th anniversary...

If you want to see it like that

8 minutes ago, splad said:

If you want to see it like that

The back cover has a thing on it being 10 years since the release of star wars.  Trying to link a photo of the back cover, but the forums arnt taking it.

Posted (edited)

I'm curious what the logo in the upper right will look like in this set.

10th Anniversary...png

Edited by Cr0aker

2 minutes ago, Cr0aker said:

The back cover has a thing on it being 10 years since the release of star wars.  Trying to link a photo of the back cover, but the forums arnt taking it.

I know I bought it in 87

I own the Spanish edition of the "Star Wars Roleplaying Game", "Star Wars Sourcebook" and the "Rebel Alliance Sourcebook". I also own the English edition of the "Star Wars Roleplaying Game Second Edition", "Star Wars Sourcebook Second Edition" and "Star Wars Roleplaying Game Second Edition Revised and Updated".

My Spanish edition books were bought at the early nineties, and although they show a little wear-and-tear, there are still in good shape. My English edition books were bought four or five years ago after finding them in the second hand section of a bookshop. They are in pristine condition (it is obvious they didn't see much use) and they were offered at a reasonable price (15 $ each book, or 40 $ for the three of them).

Edited by Agrivar

I had, at one time, a complete collection. Some of the books have gone walkies over the years - so I'm probably at 78% complete? I keep meaning to go back and pick up the ones that wandered away someday, but the online resources seem to be enough for me now.

3 hours ago, Desslok said:

I had, at one time, a complete collection. Some of the books have gone walkies over the years - so I'm probably at 78% complete? I keep meaning to go back and pick up the ones that wandered away someday, but the online resources seem to be enough for me now.

Me too and I'm currently restoring my collection sadly most were left back in old Blighty

I've got a suitcase or two full of old WEG Star Wars stuff. The longest running RPG campaigns I ever played in were D6 SW, and my copies of the main rules, Pirates & Privateers, and Tramp Freighters show it.