Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitsch

Cad Bane Spoiler

32 posts in this topic

A much more balanced Rey Type ability. Decent die, though I don't really like the 2 discard for one. Seems other characters fit discard better in his price slot, so why give him one that costs? 12 health for 13/17 is great. Yet another mid-cost villain that will find some decks. Just wish every hero spoiled so far (except Mace) wasn't just total junk. I mean, this guy is arguably better than K2SO if they were both priced the same.

Posted (edited)

A.  I don't think he's better than K2SO

2nd: I think his ability is going to be "Action: Set an event aside from your hand...(paying it's cost).  Play this event after you activate him." or something like that.

Lastly:  this guy is crazy for his cost, but he has an obvious weakness against disrupt

P.S.: Hera is the most amazing hero character we have seen yet from the set.

Edited by Traxlenak

3 minutes ago, Traxlenak said:

A.  I don't think he's better than K2SO

2nd: I think his ability is going to be "Action: Set an event aside from your hand...(paying it's cost).  Play this event after you activate him." or something like that.

Lastly:  this guy is crazy for his cost, but he has an obvious weakness against disrupt

Not enough room in the text box for "play this event after you activate him".

I bet it is:

ACTION: Play an upgrade from your hand onto this character (paying its cost), and then you may activate him.

robguyday likes this

18 minutes ago, somesamurai said:

More importantly, is this an opened pack from Gen Con?

Yes?  But it's an open pack in a display case, and someone on facebook said that their booth will not be selling any EaW

41 minutes ago, Traxlenak said:

Yes?  But it's an open pack in a display case, and someone on facebook said that their booth will not be selling any EaW

Sad...:(

42 minutes ago, scoddyboy said:

Good news is this is the yellow villain legendary, so if Boba Fett is in this set, he will be rare.

As much as I'm looking forward to Boba Fett, I'm sure he will release along side the Han Solo movie. Unfortunately that probably puts him in the set after Empire at War.

2 hours ago, ozmodon said:

As much as I'm looking forward to Boba Fett, I'm sure he will release along side the Han Solo movie. Unfortunately that probably puts him in the set after Empire at War.

Possibly, but I doubt it. I am going off the artwork on the side of the box which could end up being for an upgrade instead. Also, if it was to tie in with Han Solo movie, it would probably be a couple of sets after EaW and I'm not sure if they would wait that long for such an iconic character.

I think it might be interesting if Boba Fett is the end of the bounty hunters, and also the most powerful. So they release Jango Fett, Aurra Sing, IG-88, then Cad Bane, then Bossk, then Zuckuss and 4-LOM, and Boba Fett shows up after all of these, as a wickedly powerful legendary (in two or three sets). Just a thought.

Zordren likes this

1 hour ago, Kieransi said:

I think it might be interesting if Boba Fett is the end of the bounty hunters, and also the most powerful. So they release Jango Fett, Aurra Sing, IG-88, then Cad Bane, then Bossk, then Zuckuss and 4-LOM, and Boba Fett shows up after all of these, as a wickedly powerful legendary (in two or three sets). Just a thought.

Dengar is not pleased with you.

robguyday likes this

51 minutes ago, RJM said:

Dengar is not pleased with you.

😬 Oops... sorry Dengar. 

I guess I'm so sick of seeing his diaper-covered head sweep the table in X-Wing that I was subconsciously forgetting he exists...

robguyday and Stu35 like this

8 hours ago, Kieransi said:

😬 Oops... sorry Dengar. 

I guess I'm so sick of seeing his diaper-covered head sweep the table in X-Wing that I was subconsciously forgetting he exists...

I hate Dengar.

All the fanboy pandering bounty hunters really... I'm glad we now live in a world where Boba Fett died like the pointless waste of screen time he is (instead of whatever convoluted nonsense kept him alive in the EU).

*Straps on padding for incoming angry Bounty Hunter fans*

Kieransi likes this

@Stu35 , right on! Even if you think Boba is a cool villain, just let the Sarlaac kill him - it's shown right there on screen! 

Cad Bane is the one that annoys me. The fact that he can so easily beat all the Jedi seems crazy, since "bounty hunter" is just one of many scum-and-villainy professions. And the whole Clone Wars series treats "bounty hunters" with greater awe and reverence than even the Jedi! On Kamino, they hired "bounty hunters" to train their clone soldiers to be better. Why? Are the clones hunting bounties? Does it count as "bounty hunting" to train people? No, it's that there's some weird mystique of the bounty hunter that makes us think they must just be the most powerful soldiers ever. Aurra Sing frequently bests Jedi knights. And baby Boba blows up an entire star destroyer, beating both Mace Windu and Anakin Skywalker. 

So, I guess we can rest assured that Boba Fett will never appear in this game, because he'd cost about 60 points, because a powerful bounty hunter is obviously twice as powerful as the Emperor...

Old schooler here...who is Cad Bane?  I could Goggle but the experts are here.

1 hour ago, Strom said:

Old schooler here...who is Cad Bane?  I could Goggle but the experts are here.

Cartoon villain.

Rebels or Clone Wars i think. Both are mouse approved, both make Luke Skywalker look like a boring worthless useless moron by introducing mary sue or gary stu levels of silliness.

Posted (edited)

On 8/17/2017 at 4:46 AM, Stu35 said:

I hate Dengar.

All the fanboy pandering bounty hunters really... I'm glad we now live in a world where Boba Fett died like the pointless waste of screen time he is (instead of whatever convoluted nonsense kept him alive in the EU).

*Straps on padding for incoming angry Bounty Hunter fans*

Boba didn't die in the desert. He ends up burning his way out and now is horribly scared and in constant pain. He now wants to make everyone suffer as he is. It has been confirmed that he survives. The how hasn't been told yet.

Edited by ozmodon

Posted (edited)

Weequay soldier sitting in the sarlaac : "Oh, so you fell in here too!"

Boba Fett: "Fell in? Volunteered, more like! I was fighting like 80 Jedi, and I took out about 60 of 'em. Then the rest had me flanked, but I said 'No sir! I'm not given' you the pleasure!' and I jumped on in. But not before I left a little thermal detonator for them to chew on after I was gone!"

Edited by vader71
Stu35 likes this