Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rakaydos

snap shot Double Edge

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So my reading is that a Primary Weapon is considered "Another weapon" for the use of double edge's ability, and Snap shot can trgger it. Any thoughts?

Edited by Rakaydos

5 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

But you could use Snap as the second attack and another secondary for the first.

If a target is in range 1, is there any reason to use Snap Shot instead of Primary Weapon?

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, jmswood said:

If a target is in range 1, is there any reason to use Snap Shot instead of Primary Weapon?

Pretty sure thats a no. My whole combo fell apart because I didnt read the card.

But hey, at least I asked before bringing it to a game...

Edited by Rakaydos

9 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Pretty sure thats a no. My whole combo fell apart because I didnt read the card.

But hey, at least I asked before bringing it to a game...

YOu're not the only one to have made that mistake recently.  I mistakenly thought it might have been usefull on BroBots as well  :unsure:

tbh brobots is probably the big reason its there.

They wouldnt get the snapshot that often since PS6 and its difficult to slightly shift a large base into position for it, but pretty much every time they did BAM CANNON TIME!

If not for iggyb i imagine it would just say "Once per round" on the card.

nitrobenz likes this

So would Captain Jostero with Snap Shot get to choose to do his attack before Snap Shot if a ship executed a move that landed it within range 1 but also passed over/landed on a rock?

So 3 attacks per round?

56 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

So would Captain Jostero with Snap Shot get to choose to do his attack before Snap Shot if a ship executed a move that landed it within range 1 but also passed over/landed on a rock?

So 3 attacks per round?

Looking at the rules, I would say no.  The rules reference says

Asteroid: ... After skipping the “Perform Action” step, it rolls one attack die. On a [hit] result, the ship suffers one damage; on a [crit] result, it suffers one critical damage.

Debris Cloud: ... After the “Perform Action” step, it rolls one attack die. On a [crit] result, the ship suffers one critical damage.

Snap Shot triggers after executing a maneuver which is before the Perform Action step.  The damage from an asteroid or debris occurs after the Perform Action step (or after skipping the Perform Action step), which would be after the trigger for Snap Shot.  I'm pretty sure he could use his ability before Snap Shot, if the ship hit a mine with its maneuver since those detonate "when a ship's base or maneuver template overlaps this token" which would at least be the same timing as Snap Shot, if not before it.

Not sure why you'd want snapshot on him anyway. Snapshot is a terrible card unless massed, and usually named characters with it cause issues with generics with it.

....now that i say that i wonder if i can do a quad kfighter list with snaps LOL oh i abuse that card way too much...