killerbeardhawk

Experienced Player PBP

11 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

I have played an Iktochi before and love their racial ability! Great for narrative plot hooks. I used the Seer spec to get 3 FR and alot of bonuses for Vigilance and moving first in initiative. 

That's actually a good point, going Seer.  Think I'll retweak this guy from Sage to Seer.  

Is it alright if my PC offloads combat to the rest of the party? I think I can do a lot more good as a Force-empowered technician than trying to get combat going. I can always pick up a rifle and fire off a few rounds (Agility 3), but I won't be contributing as much. 

Think Mini Man-Bat Mechanic, a chadra-fan Artisan that uses Stealth and intelligence to sabotage. And occassionally performs tune-ups.

18 minutes ago, RickAllison said:

Is it alright if my PC offloads combat to the rest of the party? I think I can do a lot more good as a Force-empowered technician than trying to get combat going. I can always pick up a rifle and fire off a few rounds (Agility 3), but I won't be contributing as much. 

Think Mini Man-Bat Mechanic, a chadra-fan Artisan that uses Stealth and intelligence to sabotage. And occassionally performs tune-ups.

Combat not a requirement. In my experience it slows down PBP to a crawl so I will only be doing it only if the players want to. 

It sounds like a great character already. 

1 hour ago, KungFuFerret said:

Question about the time of the game.  You say pre-New Hope, but that is a large time frame.  Is this post Order 66?   I'm guessing so, but want to confirm before writing up background.

That a good question. What I meant was this is right before A New Hope and Rogue One. Luke is still racing T-16s near Toshi Station and the DeathStar is finishing it's construction. 

The events of those movies count happen at any moment in this storyline. 

14 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

That a good question. What I meant was this is right before A New Hope and Rogue One. Luke is still racing T-16s near Toshi Station and the DeathStar is finishing it's construction. 

That's fine, I just wanted to make sure, I was planning on having my background incorporate Order 66, and just wanted to make sure that had technically happened.  Like I said, I figured it was after O66, but wanted to make sure. :D  

Just now, Rakaydos said:

No relation to Jarash... this one is an underleveld version of Marrok.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1183965

My proposed character is a relation to a previous character of mine...younger brother :) 

However, the two of them never met, so their backstories have no points of intersection. So it's more just personal satisfaction for me :D

18 minutes ago, killerbeardhawk said:

I'm a fan of the 1-check resolution optional rule, especially in PbP format. You don't need to wait for player turns that way.

I was on the fence about joining another pbp here, but if you're still recruiting for a 6th pc slot, I'm interested. I can commit to at least 2-3 posts/ week, and keep up with the pace set by the campaign and its other participants. Long time role-player, but less than a year with this system, if that is sufficient to count myself as "experienced?" 

I've been checking out Disciples of Harmony, and am contemplating a Pau'an Consular (Arbiter, Niman, possibly both). Rogue Scholar/ Relic Seeker background. 

3 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

I was on the fence about joining another pbp here, but if you're still recruiting for a 6th pc slot, I'm interested. I can commit to at least 2-3 posts/ week, and keep up with the pace set by the campaign and its other participants. Long time role-player, but less than a year with this system, if that is sufficient to count myself as "experienced?" 

I've been checking out Disciples of Harmony, and am contemplating a Pau'an Consular (Arbiter, Niman, possibly both). Rogue Scholar/ Relic Seeker background. 

Your welcome by all means. I was simply meaning self-reliant as far as PBP and system rules.

Apologies killerbeardhawk, I'm gonna bow out.

I started putting a PC together but just realized I don't want to mess 3 different sites for one game. Too used to having everything within a click or two from each other to change my ways now I guess.

Again, sorry to have wasted your time.

1 hour ago, emsquared said:

Apologies killerbeardhawk, I'm gonna bow out.

I started putting a PC together but just realized I don't want to mess 3 different sites for one game. Too used to having everything within a click or two from each other to change my ways now I guess.

Again, sorry to have wasted your time.

It's not a problem

39 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Is there still a space on this? I've never tried pbp but I'd like to give it a shot :)

I will give priority to a player with PBP experience. if we don't fill all 6 players you are welcome to join. 

Please post your character once your ready. 

@Edgehawk @Rakaydos @awayputurwpn @KungFuFerret @RickAllison are playing so far. Away and Rick still needs to finish characters. 

all of you are committed to post at least once a week? More would be preferable but to keep things moving I will not wait more than a week for you to post.  

Edited by killerbeardhawk