Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chimonas

Runewars rumours

Recommended Posts

Thanks to my american board game fans I heard rumours that FFG plans something about a kind of TI4 revival of Runewars if TI4 sells well.

Do you think that could be more then just rumours?

 

Edited by Chimonas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/8/2017 at 10:29 PM, mulletcheese said:

I also heard they'll do a 20th anniversary edition of runewars.... In 2030.

But I think you'll be able to start preordering it in a couple of weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 10:56 AM, Chimonas said:

Thanks to my american board game fans I heard rumours that FFG plans something about a kind of TI4 revival of Runewars if TI4 sells well.

Do you think that could be more then just rumours?

 

That makes me simultaneously want to jump for joy and sink to the ground sobbing. You see, I've been painting my set on and off for years and was just about to make a big push to finish it up this year. The thought of having to that all over again ... I don't know if I can take it. Not with Runewars Miniatures also demanding paint. Maybe I could settle for unpainted figures for the revamped Runewars.

The thing is, I love Runewars but I bet they could do some awesome stuff to make it better like how TI4 got streamlined. I hope it's true. I look forward to buying it blindly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i contacted Asmodee and they said there will be no Runewars Reprint and no Runewars 2nd Edition. Runewars Boardgame is finished.

i Could write the same sentence for Battle Lore, and i dont think there will be much more for Descent 2 and Runewars Miniature.

In short words : FFG is a Star Wars Fan Shop and no Fantasy Flight Games anymore. Thats just the same as GW crashed Warhammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have hope but everything looks like you are right and FFG will be an SW shop. Its sad how Disney can effect for board games also.

I have the new TI and I love it and after the first game my wish was that FFG should do the same with Runewars board game. But be honest about the whole Runebound univers: Battlelore an awesome game but not sold well so its done. The same for Runewars board game so its also done. Runebound is went wrong so its done. Runeage is done. Descent has a lot of expansion so its done. And the Miniture game is a big question.

They will close the Runebould universe or they must invest so much in this universe... SW looks much more easier way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 6:18 AM, magicrealm said:

i contacted Asmodee and they said there will be no Runewars Reprint and no Runewars 2nd Edition. Runewars Boardgame is finished.

I have a real hard time believing that you actually got an answer that said there will be no Runewars 2nd edition. Their policy is to never comment on un-announced products. I could see them saying there will be no Runewars reprint, but I can't imagine them saying there will be no Runewras 2nd edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2018 at 1:47 AM, Budgernaut said:

I have a real hard time believing that you actually got an answer that said there will be no Runewars 2nd edition. Their policy is to never comment on un-announced products. I could see them saying there will be no Runewars reprint, but I can't imagine them saying there will be no Runewras 2nd edition.

Yeah, it's definitely unlikely. They still haven't admitted Battles of Westeros is done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly find much more interesting that the series of products set in Terrinoth is no longer hosted under "RuneBound", but under "Terrinoth". Even if it makes sense, I'm afraid this doesn't spell like good news for RuneBound...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julia said:

I honestly find much more interesting that the series of products set in Terrinoth is no longer hosted under "RuneBound", but under "Terrinoth". Even if it makes sense, I'm afraid this doesn't spell like good news for RuneBound...

Doesn't make sense for what? For Runebound? As in Runebound 3rd edition? 

Also interestingly, Runeage was removed from that page, and yet games like Battelore and Runewars remain - may be a suggestion that they still want to support them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Julia said:

I honestly find much more interesting that the series of products set in Terrinoth is no longer hosted under "RuneBound", but under "Terrinoth". Even if it makes sense, I'm afraid this doesn't spell like good news for RuneBound...

As someone who doesn't play Runebound, I didn't think about it that way, though I can certainly see how it is worrisome. From my perspective, it'll make a lot of sense moving forward if new games say "Set in the realms of Terrinoth" rather than "Set in the Runebound universe." I hope for you Runebound fans that the game is not dead, but it already looks to me like there is more replayability in what is released than I would ever have time to play. (I confess that Unbreakable Bonds, the Ariad expansion, and Red Scorpion have all called to me from time to time. I may yet pick them up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Doesn't make sense for what? For Runebound? As in Runebound 3rd edition? 

Also interestingly, Runeage was removed from that page, and yet games like Battelore and Runewars remain - may be a suggestion that they still want to support them? 

I said it makes sense, not it doesn't. And I find interesting that an entire line of products, formerly named under RuneBound even in the years when RuneBound was absolutely out of print, is now renamed after the universe all games are set in. Could mean they are giving more weight to the setting / IP, and could also mean that RuneBound is done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Julia said:

I said it makes sense, not it doesn't. And I find interesting that an entire line of products, formerly named under RuneBound even in the years when RuneBound was absolutely out of print, is now renamed after the universe all games are set in. Could mean they are giving more weight to the setting / IP, and could also mean that RuneBound is done

Ahhh misread that! 

I think it’s maybe more just FFG pushing their own IP - they’ve been doing that with all their own IPs for the last 18+ months, but it didn’t make much sense for the Runebound product section to be called that when the actual world is Terrinoth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×