Sign in to follow this  
Briareos200

Every card has now been spoiled

So...Contingency Plan...

"After honor dials are revealed - Give your opponent 1 more honor (or take 1 less honor) to cycle this card for a better card or discard this card and lose another drawn card to take 1 honor from your opponent (or give them 1 less honor)."

Seems bad. Anyone able to sell this card beyond "in dedicated dishonor/honor decks it's...kind of something to do...if you squint."

5 minutes ago, Joe From Cincinnati said:

So...Contingency Plan...

"After honor dials are revealed - Give your opponent 1 more honor (or take 1 less honor) to cycle this card for a better card or discard this card and lose another drawn card to take 1 honor from your opponent (or give them 1 less honor)."

Seems bad. Anyone able to sell this card beyond "in dedicated dishonor/honor decks it's...kind of something to do...if you squint."

Remember it also works with duels.

Edited by Briareos200

Well the biggest use I can think of would be in close duels, since you can boost your value above 5, it might be the only way to win a vital matchup, and it gives you some reassurance if you want to bid a riskier value. There are also some cards that care about how your honor dial relates to the enemy's, but I don't remember if those check the physical dial, or the value.

7 minutes ago, Antifinity said:

Well the biggest use I can think of would be in close duels, since you can boost your value above 5, it might be the only way to win a vital matchup, and it gives you some reassurance if you want to bid a riskier value. There are also some cards that care about how your honor dial relates to the enemy's, but I don't remember if those check the physical dial, or the value.

Those only check the dial - which is good because you can bid 1, then increase it to get a higher effect while still being able to play Good Omen.

I don't think Contingency Plan is any good, but Bayushi Manipulator is alright-ish.

5 minutes ago, psychie said:

Unless I'm missing something, Meditation on the Tao is still an unknown, I haven't been able to even find its text anywhere, let alone a full spoiled image.

The full image hasn't been spoiled but we know it's a 4 province that is fire and has the text: action: during a conflict at this province choose an attacking characters and remove 1 fate from him.

When did we learn the text? How did we gain this information? I ask because every other text that we've "known" before an image was publicly available to confirm it was seen on the gamepedia wiki, given that I have yet to see this occur (I have the page open in another tab, right now), despite the fact that the wiki has every other bit on meditations aside from the ability text (and image, obviously).

I know how we got the info on the title, province strength, and how we deduced the elemental ring, but I've only seen one other discussion (aside from this one) discuss what people who have seen it say it did, and that discussion was using either second- or third-hand information and was not providing actual text, but only stated that it involved removing fate from attackers, and several people in that discussion alluded to the idea that the full or exact text was unknown.

While I have certainly not read every discussion on this board, let alone elsewhere (hence why I am asking what I missed), and I believe that this information is accurate to an extent, until I see a first-hand source (ie, either an image of the card with the text visible or the word of someone who has seen the physical card in person confirming that that text is exactly what is printed on the card) or a source that I have learned to trust to not print unconfirmed information (ie, the gamepedia wiki) I can't take that statement to be true, as that is literally the first statement I have seen claiming to have the exact text for the card in question, and there is a tendency on the internet for rumors and speculations to be taken out of context and mistaken for fact.

I am at once pleasantly surprised and irritated at the Phoenix spoilers. Naive Student really needed to be a Shugenja, but is good enough to run regardless. Meddling Mediator is good enough to beat out Shugenja for a slot in Phoenix decks. As a result, Phoenix will have trait issues out of the core set. 

Iuchi Wayfinder is great for tempo at a cheap cost. 

Asahina Artisan to Sinister Soshi: The inferred design decision making for these cards are intriguing. We have to evaluate the value of presence vs. the inability to compete in conflicts. We have to evaluate a balanced, but lesser skill modification (+3 Political vs. -2/-2). Also, we have to evaluate giving that bonus to one's own characters vs. taking it away from the opponent. Subtle design that makes a clan what it is, and makes one clan very different from the other. 

4 hours ago, psychie said:

Unless I'm missing something, Meditation on the Tao is still an unknown, I haven't been able to even find its text anywhere, let alone a full spoiled image.

Since the French spoilers were Beta playtest cards, I'm still not counting that as final, personally.

Also, I've not seen the text of Rebuild anywhere, even though we can see part of it in a fan.

3 hours ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

Anyone else feel like Seeker Initiate is sooooo much better than Keeper Initiate that it's almost funny?

Not so much. Card draw is cheap and you need to buy the Seeker Initiate into play for it to work. Bodies are harder to get, and Keeper Initiate is free, and can be recurred over and over.

It will probably depend on the deck, but I would expect Keeper to see more play (especially if Crab get a Keeper role and want sacri-fodder).

4 hours ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

Anyone else feel like Seeker Initiate is sooooo much better than Keeper Initiate that it's almost funny?

I feel that the Keeper is way better. Free dude.

1 hour ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Since the French spoilers were Beta playtest cards, I'm still not counting that as final, personally.

Also, I've not seen the text of Rebuild anywhere, even though we can see part of it in a fan.

Rebuild was also spoiled from that same individual. I don't remember the exact text but the card basically reads "Discard a card from a broken province and then refills with a holding from the discard pile.".

2 hours ago, Fumo said:

Not so much. Card draw is cheap and you need to buy the Seeker Initiate into play for it to work. Bodies are harder to get, and Keeper Initiate is free, and can be recurred over and over.

It will probably depend on the deck, but I would expect Keeper to see more play (especially if Crab get a Keeper role and want sacri-fodder).

Yeah, on a bit further thinking about it I think you're right. Some decks will definitely favour the free body over the tutoring. Dragon could use the Monk keyword, Crab could use the body(especially for those painful moments when you flop 2 or more holdings...) And Phoenix can enjoy both having their pick and refusing a ring to the other guy on pure principal lol

5 hours ago, Anemura said:

I am at once pleasantly surprised and irritated at the Phoenix spoilers. Naive Student really needed to be a Shugenja, but is good enough to run regardless. Meddling Mediator is good enough to beat out Shugenja for a slot in Phoenix decks. As a result, Phoenix will have trait issues out of the core set.

Both new Phoenix cards help them a lot and allow them to run For Shame way more consistently. I'm glad they are both Courtiers as Phoenix already have plenty of Shuggies.

7 hours ago, Anemura said:

Naïve student is simply a better Otomo Courtier that enables For Shame while also having sincerity, so if he is honored we can quickly convert him into honor.

Mediator is ok, but more for the honor or dishonor style deck, which will come over the next year of expansions.

16 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

Mediator is ok, but more for the honor or dishonor style deck, which will come over the next year of expansions.

I think it's better than ok, stealing fate is awesome, and it's easy to trigger.  She's got decent stats and Courtier trait, as well.  I'm digging it.

51 minutes ago, Casanunda said:

I think it's better than ok, stealing fate is awesome, and it's easy to trigger.  She's got decent stats and Courtier trait, as well.  I'm digging it.

Agreed, she strikes me as bananas. Definitely gonna be using her as Phoenix honor/dishonor strats take shape. Great core set card.

10 hours ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

Seeker Initiate has the better ability, but it costs 2 for a 1/1/2. Keeper has equal stats, but can recur itself for free. I'm a fan of neither, but I would rather be playing keeper in my deck if it came down to it.