Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Contrapulator

Dread Cavalry

50 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

I'm hoping for something brand new!

I don't think they are going to throw too many new things out since they said they want all the cards available for each faction. I was hoping the same for Rune Golems then they threw 2 wind runes at us. 

7 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I don't think they are going to throw too many new things out since they said they want all the cards available for each faction. I was hoping the same for Rune Golems then they threw 2 wind runes at us. 

Wind rune is awesome, though! My friend put wind rune on his Reanimate Archers the other day and it took my cavalry the whole game to pin down those slippery bone boys.

maxam and DekoPuma like this

9 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

Bull Pennon is available in the core set, though.  I know Rune Golems got them but I don't expect them to come with a Waiqar unit.  Will I be surprised when they do?  No, but I don't expect it.

maxam likes this

25 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Bull Pennon is available in the core set, though.  I know Rune Golems got them but I don't expect them to come with a Waiqar unit.  Will I be surprised when they do?  No, but I don't expect it.

I know but just going by what I have seen. 

I will be getting two sets of these. I'll proxy some oathsworn to try a 2x3 but I think 2x1 and 2x2 will be the formations I need.

1 hour ago, Rhargar said:

What do you think of several small 2*1 units in your list to play a MSU-style like the oathsworn. 

I think they might be most effective like this. Shield of magarth, reaping blade, and fortunas dice all go nicely on that size. However, they won't last long against spearstars or Hawthorne 4x1 cav. So it would be high risk/reward playstyle (which is how msu tends to work).

6 hours ago, Rhargar said:

What do you think of several small 2*1 units in your list to play a MSU-style like the oathsworn. 

I  think it'll work well. The reform on the Death Knights' modifier dial will let them turn on a dime, making them much more agile flankers than the Oathsworn.

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

Man Daqan get all the lame faction cards. 

Yeah man, FFG needs to up their Daqan game. It is embarrassing how uncool the Daqan only stuff is beside the others. It is almost as if FFG has no idea what they want Daqan to actually do.

Edited by Darthain

1 hour ago, Darthain said:

Yeah man, FFG needs to up their Daqan game. It is embarrassing how uncool the Daqan only stuff is beside the others. It is almost as if FFG has no idea what they want Daqan to actually do.

In DiskWars the Knights were all about synergy. They buffed each other, could reactivate others, defended each other, and so on. Individually they tended to be the weakest but when kept near each other in formation they were tough.

1 hour ago, Waywardpaladin said:

In DiskWars the Knights were all about synergy. They buffed each other, could reactivate others, defended each other, and so on. Individually they tended to be the weakest but when kept near each other in formation they were tough.

A mechanism they've not bothered with yet for them.  Hopefully something in the future.  Aura type buffs could be neat.

Posted (edited)

I feel like I should add, these guys are freaking terrifying at a glance, I mean, native artifact slot?   Sure they are pricey, but they look worth it.  They flat out outclass Oathsworn.

Edited by Darthain
Hawkman2000 likes this

16 minutes ago, Darthain said:

I feel like I should add, these guys are freaking terrifying at a glance, I mean, native artifact slot?   Sure they are pricey, but they look worth it.  They flat out outclass Oathsworn.

Yeah, but they are way more expensive per tray.

22 minutes ago, Darthain said:

They give Waiqar a dedicated hitter. Reanimates are a great tarpit, Archers are decent snipers/annoyances, and Lancers are great at running interference, but the Death Knights are the much needed powerhouse. 

Here's also hoping that we see some Waiqar light cavalry, maybe less armor but with bows. And cheaper. 

Jukey and Hepitude like this

58 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

They give Waiqar a dedicated hitter. Reanimates are a great tarpit, Archers are decent snipers/annoyances, and Lancers are great at running interference, but the Death Knights are the much needed powerhouse. 

Here's also hoping that we see some Waiqar light cavalry, maybe less armor but with bows. And cheaper. 

I think that might be the Barghast so probably no bows....

Image result for barghest

maxam, Hawkman2000, Jukey and 2 others like this

1 hour ago, Hawkman2000 said:

I don't know, the amount of Mortal Strikes Lancers throw out makes them hit plenty hard against hardened targets. Spearstars you can pepper with arrows.

14 minutes ago, OzKillswitch said:

I think that might be the Barghast so probably no bows....

Image result for barghest

I can live with this... also could see Wraiths in this role.

9 minutes ago, Waywardpaladin said:

I don't know, the amount of Mortal Strikes Lancers throw out makes them hit plenty hard against hardened targets. Spearstars you can pepper with arrows.

True, but I think Lancers are more versatile that way, since they can also go as Blight-machines. DK are just straight hitters. 

17 hours ago, Hawkman2000 said:

I can live with this... also could see Wraiths in this role.

I think the Wraiths will be a siege unit with some fun mechanic behind them. Either something new such as passing through enemy formations or maybe they are just downright terrifying and used to really crank up the morale tests (probably not though, as that seems to be the Uthuk territory).

I feel it might be broken, but if barghests were hp over armor like flesh rippers, they would make a great maro platform for his cav upgrade.

Hawkman2000 likes this

1 hour ago, Jukey said:

I feel it might be broken, but if barghests were hp over armor like flesh rippers, they would make a great maro platform for his cav upgrade.

I wonder if we'll see Bone Horrors as cavalry seeing as Maro has one for his mounted sculpt.

Jukey and maxam like this

21 hours ago, Muz333 said:

I think the Wraiths will be a siege unit with some fun mechanic behind them. Either something new such as passing through enemy formations or maybe they are just downright terrifying and used to really crank up the morale tests (probably not though, as that seems to be the Uthuk territory).

on a charge during square up they can automatically form up around the back flank of the unit they are charging....

Muz333 likes this

Posted (edited)

Wraiths don't seem like a good siege unit to me. I expect them to be more of an elite infantry that maxes out at 6 trays like the archers.

Edited by Budgernaut
spelling