Sign in to follow this  
Contrapulator

Dread Cavalry

Look for the Death Knights Unit Expansion (RWM21) online or at your local retailer in Q3 of 2017!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/14/dread-cavalry/

rwm21_cardfan_unit_2x.png

rwm21_commandtool.png

"The Death Knights Unit Expansion includes another dangerous item in the dark riders’ arsenal with Obcasium's Gauntlet.  The Death Knights may exhaust this card in order to give the defender in a melee the rare “Death’s Grasp” condition. When an enemy of Waiqar is caught in Death’s Grasp, they suffer wounds equal to the number of stable energy runes in play before each End Phase. If there are a large number of these runes in play, the Death Knights can destroy even high impact units, including even the Daqan’s foolish hero Lord Hawthorne, with a minimal amount of risk to the forces of the undead."

rwm21_card_column-tactics.png   rwm21_card_shield-of-margath.png*   rwm21_card_obcasiums-gauntlet.png

Edited by Contrapulator
* Shield of Margath not included. Terms and conditions may apply.

2 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

Do you get to choose each attack whether to use Column Tactics?

Yes since it says "you may apply the following".  Kinda nice to have a flexible option.  Seems like the ability to choose would matter more for units that might have a reason to really care about surges or accuracy where you might prefer rerolls over raw damage.

8 minutes ago, Willange said:

I wonder how many "Death's Grasp"s you can hand out?  Could this lead to some Ardus or DK squad running out giving out conditions and then disengaging to do it again?

There was some discussion of this card back when it was spoiled by the French site. Both the Obcasium's Gauntlet and Death's Grasp cards are unique, so you can only have 1 in play at a time.

49 minutes ago, Willange said:

I wonder how many "Death's Grasp"s you can hand out?  Could this lead to some Ardus or DK squad running out giving out conditions and then disengaging to do it again?

The condition was posted on a French FFG site a week or two ago. The condition is unique. You can give out one copy of the Condition card at a time. 

21 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

Why is a second expansion getting a copy of Shield of Margath?  It's unique, it's not like I will ever need 2 copies.

I believe they're only pointing out its usefulness with the Knights, the Gauntlet is the artifact that ships with them.

I'm hoping the Heraldry upgrades are something new and interesting...

3 minutes ago, maxam said:

I believe they're only pointing out its usefulness with the Knights, the Gauntlet is the artifact that ships with them.

I'm hoping the Heraldry upgrades are something new and interesting...

Bull Pennon and Heraldic Surcoats.