Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Contrapulator

Dread Cavalry

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Look for the Death Knights Unit Expansion (RWM21) online or at your local retailer in Q3 of 2017!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/14/dread-cavalry/

rwm21_cardfan_unit_2x.png

rwm21_commandtool.png

"The Death Knights Unit Expansion includes another dangerous item in the dark riders’ arsenal with Obcasium's Gauntlet.  The Death Knights may exhaust this card in order to give the defender in a melee the rare “Death’s Grasp” condition. When an enemy of Waiqar is caught in Death’s Grasp, they suffer wounds equal to the number of stable energy runes in play before each End Phase. If there are a large number of these runes in play, the Death Knights can destroy even high impact units, including even the Daqan’s foolish hero Lord Hawthorne, with a minimal amount of risk to the forces of the undead."

rwm21_card_column-tactics.png   rwm21_card_shield-of-margath.png*   rwm21_card_obcasiums-gauntlet.png

Edited by Contrapulator
* Shield of Margath not included. Terms and conditions may apply.
Sulfurious and maxam like this

Just now, Hepitude said:

Hawthorne IS foolish isn't he? Death's Grasp would never actually affect him though...

Wounds, not damage.

Just now, Willange said:

Wounds, not damage.

Ooh... that's better. I wonder why they didn't include a picture?

I wonder how many "Death's Grasp"s you can hand out?  Could this lead to some Ardus or DK squad running out giving out conditions and then disengaging to do it again?

Just now, Hepitude said:

Ooh... that's better. I wonder why they didn't include a picture?

Because FFG knows the secret to seduction is always a little mystery :wub:

maxam and Hepitude like this

2 minutes ago, Hepitude said:

Do you get to choose each attack whether to use Column Tactics?

Yes since it says "you may apply the following".  Kinda nice to have a flexible option.  Seems like the ability to choose would matter more for units that might have a reason to really care about surges or accuracy where you might prefer rerolls over raw damage.

Hepitude likes this

So they make a big deal about Shield of Margath, but judging by the spread, there's no way it's included in this pack. Still, it's a neat trick for these Death Knights.

Contrapulator likes this

8 minutes ago, Willange said:

I wonder how many "Death's Grasp"s you can hand out?  Could this lead to some Ardus or DK squad running out giving out conditions and then disengaging to do it again?

There was some discussion of this card back when it was spoiled by the French site. Both the Obcasium's Gauntlet and Death's Grasp cards are unique, so you can only have 1 in play at a time.

maxam, Darthain and Willange like this

49 minutes ago, Willange said:

The condition was posted on a French FFG site a week or two ago. The condition is unique. You can give out one copy of the Condition card at a time. 

Willange likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, TallGiraffe said:

Man Daqan get all the lame faction cards. 

Conditions seem like the new thing.  Give it some time!

Edited by rowdyoctopus
maxam likes this

8 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

Why is a second expansion getting a copy of Shield of Margath?  It's unique, it's not like I will ever need 2 copies.

They only show one artifact in the fan of cards. 

maxam likes this

21 minutes ago, backupsidekick said:

Why is a second expansion getting a copy of Shield of Margath?  It's unique, it's not like I will ever need 2 copies.

I believe they're only pointing out its usefulness with the Knights, the Gauntlet is the artifact that ships with them.

I'm hoping the Heraldry upgrades are something new and interesting...

backupsidekick likes this

3 minutes ago, maxam said:

I believe they're only pointing out its usefulness with the Knights, the Gauntlet is the artifact that ships with them.

I'm hoping the Heraldry upgrades are something new and interesting...

Bull Pennon and Heraldic Surcoats. 

maxam likes this

I will be definitely getting these guys. What do people think the optimum number of trays will be for these guys?