Jump to content
Zetsubou

Clan Pairings/Splashes

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Devin-the-Poet said:

New plan. Dragon with Ponies. 

Favorite steed, on my big guy so you never know where he will go. 

Spy glass for extra fate. (comboes really well with daimyo's favor) and I still have room for something else

Definitely thought of that one. Maybe splash in Iuichi Wayfinder to make sure you aren't swinging with big guy into a trap of a province?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Eh, you're not playing with them though, just stealing their toys. 

Okay I know this is a decently old post but I only just now thought of something clever to say...

"I can think of nothing more delightfully offensive to lions than the ponies performing a little cultural appropriation"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daigotsu Steve said:

Once there are a couple more ways for Crane to hand out Honor(or maybe even dishonor) tokens I fully expect Scorp influenced Crane packing Edict to be something people are very wary of. I'm not sure how effective that would be out of the box(or maybe even ever) given how the cards are designed to be directly opposed to each other, but the thought of abusing my status as a high honor clan as a way of mitigating lots of low honor tactics really pleases me lol

 

I was thinking that Scorpion might make for the best Crane complement, given a 'shutdown' theme. They can run: Guest of Honour, Doji Gift Giver, Doji Challenger, Kakita Asami, Kakita Kaezin, Voice of Honour, Above Question, Admit Defeat, For Shame!, Outwit, Noble Sacrifice, Shizuka Toshi -- Followed by a combination of Forged Edict, Fiery Madness (For the Stronghold), Calling in Favours and even I Can Swim to effectively lock down opponents. I'm looking forward to playing a deck like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Zetsubou said:

Interesting, I haven't really heard this combo suggested before? What are the synergies you see?

Scorpion has very efficient province characters and Dragon is probably the strongest splash faction for a non military clan in a 1 core set environment. The combination Scorpion/Dragon has furthermore the most tools to generate power swings in conflicts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Zetsubou said:

Definitely thought of that one. Maybe splash in Iuichi Wayfinder to make sure you aren't swinging with big guy into a trap of a province?

You can't splash Dynasty cards, only conflict cards, as far as I'm aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ikoma Sencha said:

You can't splash Dynasty cards, only conflict cards, as far as I'm aware.

Hmm? The cards in the post I was responding to and that I directly referenced are all Conflict

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zetsubou said:

Interesting, I haven't really heard this combo suggested before? What are the synergies you see?

Ignithas was pretty much spot on as to why I feel Scorpion with Dragon splash is one of, if not, the best pairing for a single core environment. 

There are some specific examples that I don't want to spoil for everyone else, but, it think now that the pair is on your radar, it's pretty easy to see their strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Ignithas was pretty much spot on as to why I feel Scorpion with Dragon splash is one of, if not, the best pairing for a single core environment. 

There are some specific examples that I don't want to spoil for everyone else, but, it think now that the pair is on your radar, it's pretty easy to see their strengths.

Haha, okay. I'll spend some time working the combos at my desk to keep the teq secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 2:18 PM, Devin-the-Poet said:

New plan. Dragon with Ponies. 

Favorite steed, on my big guy so you never know where he will go. 

Spy glass for extra fate. (comboes really well with daimyo's favor) and I still have room for something else

I was thinking along similar lines, splashing in Breakthrough to immediately launch your second attack after the first, conveniently allowing you to claim a ring you loaded fate onto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Built a Scorpion Deck with Phoenix splash for an attempt at a dishonor deck. Control elements like Pacifism, Fiery Madness, Cloud the Mind, and Sinister Soshi alleviates my concerns with MIL conflicts while going to town on my POL conflicts. Mind you this is an attempt at a dishonor deck so I don't have any concerns about not being able to have an answer for Entrenched Position since winning conflicts is more important to me than breaking provinces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Lion is in an interesting conundrum. We can splash Unicorn in a fairly obvious rich get richer play and I'm sure most will, myself included. However I think a Crane splash is worth considering as it would go a long way into shoring up things on the political side and could make for the most well rounded deck out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

20 minutes ago, rwmwaffle said:

I feel like Lion is in an interesting conundrum. We can splash Unicorn in a fairly obvious rich get richer play and I'm sure most will, myself included. However I think a Crane splash is worth considering as it would go a long way into shoring up things on the political side and could make for the most well rounded deck out there. 

Lion gain a lot from either a phoenix splash or a crane splash. Phoenix for more honor, a certain character and a certain robe. Crane for action lock and easy targeted murder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ATM I'm looking at running;

 

Scorpion/Crane - Political BS and Fun deck. Still deciding between Political Rival and Height of Fashion for the splash. or Rival, Duellist Training and Admit Defeat.

Unicorn/Lion - Sashimono and For Greater Glory are great boons here. And nothing is quite as good as Cavalry Reserves into For Greater Glory.

Lion/Phoenix - Kimono and Pacifism. Because making your guys all the more glorious and better at being militant is just the way of the Lion. Bonus if you Kimono Eiji to make a nice catch-22 for your opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crab with Unicorn for Captive Audience and Spyglass, since I'm NEVER going to play Unicorn with its current cardpool.

Can anyone suggest ideal pairings for Dragon that wants to declare two Conflicts (one each of Military and Political) per turn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wintersong said:

Have to try Unicorn with 3 Tattooed Wanderer and 2 Let Go. 3 if Keeper. Or 1 Kazue instead if Keeper.

I just tried 2 Ancestral Daisho, 2 Kitsuki Method, and 1 Let Go (2 with Keeper) and won. ****, Tabletop Sim didn't even shuffle my deck properly and it worked out pretty well (I'd rather not draw into 3 Ide Messengers in a row, combined with 2 Miya Mystic dynasty drops...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...