Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
veector

Squeeeeee!

8 posts in this topic

Glad to see another game. Will definitely look into getting it.

Also nice to have some different leaders.

Posted (edited)

the old one was pretty good.. we'll see about this one. Gotta say, love the old games art more.. but maybe thats just me :)

Edited by Arviss

I was wondering if they were going to expand the game again or revise it with some aspects from CivVI. Looking forward to seeing the rules.

P.s. Squeee equals hex boards! You have unlocked the secret to diagonal movement :)

hexes is a huge step in the right direction.  squares was the only thing that bugged me about the old game.

Squee, indeed! I'm somewhat disappointed that Napoleon Bonaparte isn't the leader for the French though. And I echo the sentiment that I think that the art for the original looked better, but hexes are going to be a massive game changer. I liked where they were going with the square blocks from the original, but the hexagonal format is simply superior, in my opinion.

I really hope they address the issues in the last game, I was definitely not a fan.  In fact FFG's Sid Meier's Civilization ranks as one of the greatest board gaming disappointments I have had since Starcraft.

I really want a big bulky Civilization game, so here's hoping this will be it.

On 14.8.2017 at 9:10 PM, veector said:

Two hour playtime for a civ game? Heck yeah!

Yup. My main criticism of the previous incarnation is excessive play time.

Of course part of the problem was the game's complexity. If it's two hours for a normal group, it will likely take our AP-prone group four hours.

But if we manage to play more than a single turn per hour it'll already count as an improvement...