Nrin

App reveal at Gen Con?

59 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Swusn said:

That's pretty much where I am at on it. I  can't imagine them staying silent on it if it is supposed to release in 2017. I know a lot of the community have been speculating the there are some licencing issues for an app due to the legal minefield that is the agreements between FFG, Hasbro, EA and Lucasfilm.  Personally I hope that is not the reason the app has been delayed but I honestly cannot think of any other reason it would take so long to throw a Star Wars skin over an app that has already been released for 2 other games unless they are doing a complete rework of the AI.

Why do people keep talking about the app being delayed?! You said yourself it's due in 2017, which, if my maths is correct, gives us another 4 months! Maybe they're trying to, you know, do a really good job of it. Maybe their relatively small app development team are also working on other unrelated products that are higher priority. Maybe they're planning it for the Christmas market. Maybe there's an interdependency on another physical product that's not ready to go yet. I don't know. Whatever they're planning, saying it's delayed is factually incorrect, and claiming that no news this weekend signals the end of all hope when it's only August is *extremely* pessimistic.

3 hours ago, General Zodd said:

Why do people keep talking about the app being delayed?! You said yourself it's due in 2017, which, if my maths is correct, gives us another 4 months! Maybe they're trying to, you know, do a really good job of it. Maybe their relatively small app development team are also working on other unrelated products that are higher priority. Maybe they're planning it for the Christmas market. Maybe there's an interdependency on another physical product that's not ready to go yet. I don't know. Whatever they're planning, saying it's delayed is factually incorrect, and claiming that no news this weekend signals the end of all hope when it's only August is *extremely* pessimistic.

You are correct. I chose my words poorly. I am really excited for this app and a whole year with the only update being a vague "we are still working on it" is just very frustrating (not that they owe us anymore) I would just like some information.

3 hours ago, Swusn said:

You are correct. I chose my words poorly. I am really excited for this app and a whole year with the only update being a vague "we are still working on it" is just very frustrating (not that they owe us anymore) I would just like some information.

That's totally fair, and I agree it would be great to get more news! They'll tell us when they tell us, I guess...

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

You know you are opening the door for a lot of "I find your lack of faith ... disturbing" jokes here ;)

More than just that. "A New Hope," "There is another," "Rebellion's are built in hope."

The word 'hope' is loaded when it comes to Star Wars.:D

Edited by Uninvited Guest

On 8/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, Nrin said:

Well, they told us today that it is still happening, so that's something at least.

any other pertinent details that they decided to share at Gen Con?

Hi, guys. I really think that the ball is completely on FF court. You can always create an app named Fantasy Flight App or something like that, to avoid legal stuff of the kind. Renegade does it, their app is named Renegade App and has 3 of their board game in it. I really think that its taking to long because of FF, after all, I don't think creating an app is easy, even when they already have Road to Legend.

Cheers!