EbonHawk

British Armada Players - Make Yourself Known

On 26/08/2017 at 5:21 PM, Lex Uliik said:

Brand new player from Crawley here. I've been building up my collection whilst I wait for a date that I can attend a local war-gaming club (once a week meet and my weird work schedule means I can only ever attend weekly events twice a month).

We're just a short hop away from Clapham Junction and occasionally open on weekends too. Let us know if you're ever planning to be in the area and we can line up an opponent for you.

On 20/08/2017 at 7:26 AM, Iron Skies said:

Leeds based here, can travel through to York reliably for tournaments etc

Is there anywhere local to play in Leeds? I think Patriot Games might do something but they're mainly focussed on card based games most of the time. Otherwise it'll have to be York.

London Armada players (and visitors): I've set up a WhatsApp group to make it easier to organise games at Dark Sphere in Waterloo (because that's my most convenient FLGS). If you'd like to be part of it then PM me a phone number and I'll add you. 

5 hours ago, AdmiralRyan said:

We're just a short hop away from Clapham Junction and occasionally open on weekends too. Let us know if you're ever planning to be in the area and we can line up an opponent for you.

Clapham is too far away from me, the closest I tend to get towards London is Croydon, but thanks for the invite though.

On 9/5/2017 at 11:54 AM, slasher956 said:

Ever thought of heading over to the Chelmsford Bunker on a Wed?

Never heard of the place before now.  I'll have to look i to it.  :-)  Is it close to the train station?

1 hour ago, MunGo0600 said:

@RikkiP

I've just moved to Bristol. Been playing armada for a while but only with a small group in London, when do you mostly play?

There's a decent scene in Bristol (I'm based in Weston-super-Mare) - there's usually a meet at Bristol Independent Gaming [http://www.bristolindependentgaming.co.uk/] in Brislington every Thursday; a few of the regular players have a blog on Facebook called Comms Noise [https://www.facebook.com/Commsnoiseuk/].  

There's also a South West Armada group on Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/groups/221621948176768/] which usually posts details of any local tournaments - these are reasonably regular in Cardiff, Bristol and Exeter and are a great way to meet people and learn the ins and outs :)

@MunGo0600 What @Kendraam said is bang on, BIG is where we play at most Thursdays and we try to organize tournaments every few months in between the Store champs and regionals etc.

We tend to post a few days before on the Armada South West facebook group just to the numbers we have and see who is interested. 

Hopefully see you there soon :)