EbonHawk

British Armada Players - Make Yourself Known

Morning All,

Another Brit Armada player here, I'm based in Reading, Berkshire.

Edited to add: Not going to nationals, I don't play competitively and Liverpool is a really long way to go.  However I wish all those who are going an excellent weekend with plenty of fun. :)

Edited by UberMunchkin
Detail.

6 hours ago, AdmiralRyan said:

This will be my first Nationals, but my good friend @SmurfWedge attended last year and can give you his insights into how it was.

Will it be your first tournament?

I've done a small Store Championship and a couple of Kit events, but so far nothing with more than 7 players. Also nothing close to this level of seriousness.

Talking of which, how serious are things like Nationals - is it a case of following all the rules rigidly, or does it depend on the players?

Hey another SW london player... bit closer than woking though!

On 18/08/2017 at 4:08 PM, Vae said:

Depending on what you mean by SW London there is Eagle Gaming in Wandsworth or Dark Sphere in Waterloo.

How often do they play at spread eagle? I joined thier forum a while ago and had a look... but not actually organised going...

I went to the Euro's , Bristol (the guy with the broken ankle) and Norwich last weekend.

Edited by Khornight

1 hour ago, Khornight said:

Hey another SW london player... bit closer than woking though!

How often do they play at spread eagle? I joined thier forum a while ago and had a look... but not actually organised going...

I went to the Euro's , Bristol (the guy with the broken ankle) and Norwich last weekend.

There's normally a few games every week. Normally Monday or Thursday depending on people's schedules, sometimes Wednesday. Mostly organised on WhatsApp but stick a post on the forum if you want a game and we'll arrange it. Always looking for new opponents for variety and also very welcoming of new players.

13 hours ago, AdmiralRyan said:

Great! We're looking to organise an Armada breakfast on the Friday, if you're at a loose end you would be most welcome to join us!

Staying overnight on Thu for Nationals, so well up for some breakfast on Fri. Count me in!

11 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

I've done a small Store Championship and a couple of Kit events, but so far nothing with more than 7 players. Also nothing close to this level of seriousness.

Talking of which, how serious are things like Nationals - is it a case of following all the rules rigidly, or does it depend on the players?

It will be serious and fun. Rules will be quite rigidly followed, but in my experience, players are friendly and if you are making a mistake in an action, they will tell you politely. Best advice, think carefully about your moves, have fun and don't stress. If you're not sure about something, ask your opponent and if that doesn't help, call a judge.

With regards to post question, I live in Chester, so Nationals just a local trip for a change.

8 hours ago, Mundo said:

Staying overnight on Thu for Nationals, so well up for some breakfast on Fri. Count me in!

Nice one mate.

I think registration closes at 9am but we can perhaps try for this place that opens at 8am. Reckon it can be done.

Thoughts?

On 13/08/2017 at 11:41 PM, EbonHawk said:

Any players in hampshire or britain directly make yourself aware. Want to get to know the locals in the forums

Hampshire based armada player here! Southampton, yourself? 

1 hour ago, AdmiralRyan said:

I like the sound of that! What was the load out?

Faction: Galactic Empire 

Commander: Admiral Konstantine

Assault Objective: Advanced Gunnery 
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon 
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer (110 points)
-  Admiral Konstantine  ( 23  points) 
 Avenger  ( 5  points) 
-  Boarding Troopers  ( 3  points) 
-  Quad Laser Turrets  ( 5  points) 
= 146 total ship cost

Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
 Interdictor  ( 3  points) 
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points) 
-  G-8 Experimental Projector  ( 8  points) 
-  Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points) 
= 109 total ship cost

Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
= 44 total ship cost

Raider-I Class Corvette (44 points)
= 44 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
 Suppressor  ( 4  points) 
= 27 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
= 23 total ship cost

Think Motti would be better and I flew it poorly in round two but I think it could work well.

Edited by Kendraam

Brand new player from Crawley here. I've been building up my collection whilst I wait for a date that I can attend a local war-gaming club (once a week meet and my weird work schedule means I can only ever attend weekly events twice a month).