EbonHawk

British Armada Players - Make Yourself Known

19 hours ago, Democratus said:

Sorry. I'm from Texas - which isn't exactly local. But I like to use tabletop games as an excuse to travel.

Went to a Babylon 5: ACTA tournament there years ago. Thinking about another trip for Armada and wondered if I could return there or if I should look for another shop. 

Thanks!

Wow, Aldershot wouldn't be first place to visit on my list if I travelled so far! Not much to sightseeing here :)

But perhaps you want to drop in for London Masters in October? 

It will be second edition and the first one was excellent.

45 minutes ago, noggin said:

Wow, Aldershot wouldn't be first place to visit on my list if I travelled so far! Not much to sightseeing here :)

Understatement there ..... spent a year or two in the DoK barracks ... not the best place I've been

3 hours ago, slasher956 said:

Understatement there ..... spent a year or two in the DoK barracks ... not the best place I've been

Haha. I stayed in London and just took the train for the day in Aldershot. Even back then Bab 5:ACTA wasn't at every store.

I got more than I bargained for on that trip as the Icelandic volcano went off and trapped me in London for an extra week. <there is no Icelandic volcano emoji>

Somerset for myself, but currenly deciding if Armada is something I'm going to continue with or switch for something else..... Love the game but just don't get the ability to play it as much as I need/want to as its not a big following locally  

4 hours ago, Plagueis said:

Somerset for myself, but currenly deciding if Armada is something I'm going to continue with or switch for something else..... Love the game but just don't get the ability to play it as much as I need/want to as its not a big following locally  

I'm originally from Somerset! I have moved to Sheffield but I visit the folks every so often. Ever heard of a town called Bridgwater? :D

23 hours ago, turenne said:

I play at a small club in Portsmouth, Hampshire. I think my usual opponent also plays at another club elsewhere in the city.

we will have to look you up, where do you play?

I'm in South-West London. I haven't found much Armada going on around here (mostly X-Wing at my F"L"GS) - but we had a good Armada Store Championship last weekend, and I'm hoping to make it to Warboar on Sunday (traffic permitting).

1 minute ago, Grumbleduke said:

I'm in South-West London. I haven't found much Armada going on around here (mostly X-Wing at my F"L"GS) - but we had a good Armada Store Championship last weekend, and I'm hoping to make it to Warboar on Sunday (traffic permitting).

Depending on what you mean by SW London there is Eagle Gaming in Wandsworth or Dark Sphere in Waterloo.

3 minutes ago, Vae said:

Depending on what you mean by SW London there is Eagle Gaming in Wandsworth or Dark Sphere in Waterloo.

I'm a long way out - Dark Sphere is about 45 minutes by train at the moment (thanks to the mess at Waterloo), but I may be poking around there soon to see if I can get some games in. Mainly I play at IBuyWarGames in Woking (half an hour in the other way). I didn't know about Eagle Gaming - I might look into that as well.

Did you ever rearrange the tournament that was cancelled at the legion?

On 8/18/2017 at 6:47 PM, anothermorat said:

So there are a couple of us in Salisbury. And some folks down in Bournemouth and Southampton. There is a armada South West group on Facebook.

On 13/08/2017 at 11:59 PM, Vae said:

@SmurfWedge, @Lord Preyer, @TheCallum, myself and a few others are based in South(west) London and play at Wandsworth. There's another group who play near Mornington Crescent but I'm not sure if or who they are on here.

I'm a member of the same club, and there a quite a few players there not on the forums (I can think of 4 at least).

Great to see a good scene of British armada players and all round our country, will keep an eye out for posts from you guys in the future. 

On 16/08/2017 at 11:33 PM, turenne said:

I play at a small club in Portsmouth, Hampshire. I think my usual opponent also plays at another club elsewhere in the city.

^Extra nice as I'm also from Portsmouth, hit me or @PodRacer up for a game some time.

While I'm here what's a brief description of the fleets you lot are running, interested in the different metas around the country! 

I live in mid wales! Closest populated place to me  is probably shrewsbury everywhere else is just fields and sheep ??. Theres about 5 of us who  play x wing, armada, and lcg regular. 

6 minutes ago, AdmiralRyan said:

is anyone else from this thread going?

I'm increasingly tempted; it's a long way and a lot of money, but a good chance for lots of fun Armada. For those who have been before, is it worth it for a fairly new player?

East London player here. I usually get together with a small group to play at Dark Sphere (Waterloo) and try to got along to tournaments there and at Warboar (Bromley), plus some other near-London shops.

Time is often in fairly short supply for armada but we often need a fourth (or sixth) person to make up a game night at Dark Sphere. If you might be interested in that then PM me a contact number and we might be able to hook up for a game.

21 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

I'm increasingly tempted; it's a long way and a lot of money, but a good chance for lots of fun Armada. For those who have been before, is it worth it for a fairly new player?

This will be my first Nationals, but my good friend @SmurfWedge attended last year and can give you his insights into how it was.

Will it be your first tournament?