Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bibbles

ARGH THAT BOAT IS SLOW <Rant>

8 posts in this topic

Wow! When they list that something new for either MOM 2ed or Arkham horror LCG is on the boat it eats at me. I wonder how slow that boat is moving. It feels like its travelling backwards in time. I imagine 15 burly Innsmouth sailor types in heavy wool sweaters laughing off the side of the leaky slow moving tugboat while others sit on the deck playing all the new add ons. I imagine them pulling into port somewhere off course and partying with the locals, letting them all see the new gear, then pulling out of port only to turn back the way they came cuz someone is worried they left the garage door open. Finally they set course for wherever it is that my copy will be shipped out of only to run out of diesel which doesn't bother any of the Innsmouth sailors cuz they all get off on upsetting me........:lol:

They either need a faster boat or some sort of medication I can take to fill me with a greater sense of patience.:o Might help if I didn't check every day. :P I could also learn to not take it so seriously or personally. 

Man am I jazzed about the streets of Arkham. :lol: My goal is to have everything I own painted and the second I open the new box to prime everything and have at least some nice base colours and detailed bases on everything before we play the first scenario. Not one of my friend think I can be patient enough for that...Not even my own wife. 

I don't think they realize how fast I can paint nor that I'm planning to take the day off work to get em done. :)

We are doing a 1920s costume party for that night with some Lovecraftian inspired snacks. I was thinking of dressing as the characters we are gonna play but thankfully realized that a middle aged balding pudgy white guy with a beard might look foolish dressed as a courageous athletic black woman....

Anyone else as delusionally excited as I am?

Maxosaso likes this

Hate to break this to you, but Streets of Arkham is still at the printer... The interminable boat trip is still yet to come! Path to Carcosa, on the other hand, has only been in the boat for about 7 weeks, it can be up to 3 months, but I'd expect something before too long for AHLCG, less optimistic about timescales for MoM!

I'm crying inside and it appears that Gerald Zodd is working for the Martense Kin and their gangrenous malevolent printing press that also vexes me so :D.

General Zodd likes this

Before clicking on the topic, i thought this would be about the boat in "escape from innsmouth"... which was how we died in flames on our first try :P 

Interestingly, this *is* the same boat. FFG have their games printed in a decrepit coastal town in China, inhabited by monstrous human/seamonster hybrids to cut costs.

Every time a product comes off the printer, a desperate team of 'gators have to risk their lives to get the merchandise on a boat an skip town. Which accounts for any delay before the product status changes to "shipping". ;)

ARGH!!!!!! This must be the curse of Dagon. Those damnable eyes that stare so deep and rotten into my very patience. Prodding and tormenting at me with its amazingly slow boat. I'm jonesing guys get me some Arkham Horror Files gaming products ASAP!!!!! :lol:

As an aside I broke out my copy of Chaosium's Arkham Horror and we gave it another whirl......DOES NOT STAND TEST OF TIME!!! :blink:

Such memories we once shared ye olde sh@$$y board game of my youth. Wow some of those were better when I was 14.