Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Horiuchi Nobata

Twilight Imperium Sourcebook

8 posts in this topic

So, with the impending release of Twilight Imperium 4th Ed. how likely does it seem that there might be a Genesys sourcebook for that world? There is a history to the game that could make a great setting, and I know there was a bad one quite a few ears back, but does anyone else think it is likely or have an interest in it?

GroggyGolem likes this

Seems likely

worth noting, the new edition of TI includes a booklet of lore, and the hardcover rulebook for the promotion is supposed to include even more. If they are actively expanding the background for the universe, it seems probable that they will try and diversify it into many types of games. 

kaosoe likes this

I really hope so.  TI is one of those settings that is just begging to be expanded.  I was really hoping for a Living Card game in that world just so we could have a team of illustrates creating content for it.  

TechnoGolem likes this

I know this is going off topic a little, but I was toying with the idea of getting TI as a new addition for my gaming group...

Any good words for the game? 

I have a small group about 3-5 of us, normally three. We mostly play Catan and have played the  BSG and GoT board games extensively in the past. 

Out of the group, I am more of the type to want to play a game that can't be finished in one session. 

47 minutes ago, jbronco said:

I was toying with the idea of getting TI as a new addition for my gaming group...

Any good words for the game?

This is my take on TI. TI is a particular type of game, big, epic, long, involved, filled with nuance, and all about managing a half dozen different facets of play and types of resources in a never even close to the same game twice sort of way. 

If you (or your group) are the sort that likes that type of game, TI is perhaps the best game ever produced. If you don't like this kind of game, it's a boring, endless chore. 

Ive never played the BSG board game, but from what I have heard it may be one of the few games that can regularly run longer than TI. If you and your group liked it well enough, I would guess you will like TI. 

On 8/16/2017 at 6:55 PM, Forgottenlore said:

Seems likely

worth noting, the new edition of TI includes a booklet of lore, and the hardcover rulebook for the promotion is supposed to include even more. If they are actively expanding the background for the universe, it seems probable that they will try and diversify it into many types of games. 

Follow up from this post. The "lore book" included with TI4 isn't much. It's 22 pages of very nice full page art, with each page having a small sidebar giving a very general, broad overview of the setting. The limited HC rule book is still supposed to include more background though. 

I don't know if the flavor text on the back of the race sheets is exactly word for word identical, but it is pretty close and doesn't seem to cover anything new.