Sign in to follow this  
Tabletop Oddity

Noob - Is Attending UK Nationals Sensible?

16 minutes ago, ThalanirIII said:

The 2 big stores near Manchester are Fanboy Three (which has just been renovated) and Element Games in stockport - Element games regularly has 15-20 people playing X wing on a Tuesday night. I thin Fanboy does X wing on a friday, but they seem to be allergic to publicising events.

You've also got JustPlay Games in Liverpool and Harlequins in Preston.

Check out the UK X wing Facebook group for more info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/xwingukirl/

13 minutes ago, Stay On The Leader said:

I'm in Manchester - Fanboy 3 you found?

Im not aware of anything in Wigan but there must be people there.  There's active stores in Preston, Liverpool, Southport, Stockport and Manchester and Wiganers must be going to one of those.

Biggest Facebook groups to join are Stockport X-Wing and Preston Harlequins.  They'll orient you to your best spot and likely know the Wigan-based players.

I didn't have any idea when people at Element games would meet to do x wing!  I have been there to buy some things and been keeping an eye out on any tourny I can go to. Fanboy3 was the one that is a little closer to me that seems to do more regular planned events I guess.

Being near Wigan is both good and bad. Good as everything within okay driving distance, bad as it is like 50 mins away so weekday evenings are a pain.

I will check out JustPlay and Harelquins. Also applied to facebook group.

Like others have said, the UK X-Wing Community is very friendly and so win or lose you'll have some great games, make some new friends and just generally have a fantastic weekend.

I've been to tournaments of all sizes, from small ones with less than 10 players all the way up to System Opens with well over 400. Every single one of them I've come home from enthused about X-Wing and wanting to go to more. Go to Nationals and I think you will too. 

Hope to see you there. 

3 hours ago, Tabletop Oddity said:

Being near Wigan is both good and bad. Good as everything within okay driving distance, bad as it is like 50 mins away so weekday evenings are a pain.

Could be worse -  I've travelled an hour and a half to make it to Harlequins for a couple of games on a week night.  Each way lol