Hexdot

Minor details you usually forget while playing.

We found a little reminding aid. Simply select some 1/2" or 5/8" counters from one old wargame we will never play again. Like VG's "Victory in the Pacific". Use this instead of generic Critical Hit hexagonal counter. Ship on Fire. Crippled Ship. Etc. Asign one specific counter to each Crit that must be taken into account.

When I am trying a new list I forget a lot of its tricks.  However, when I am getting ready for Store Championship Season, I play the same list.  I will practice with it alot before the first tournament, so I am familiar with all its tricks.  Old Torrach took me a while to remember how his ability worked.

11 hours ago, spacelion said:

I keep on forgetting that I can boost a ship after I tractor it. It's only 1 straight but shooting it from behind and pushing it towards the board edge usually sends an opponent into panic mode.

Especially if you can keep it going with ions. Every turn, that ship goes the equivalent of three straight toward the board edge.

The extra hull point granted by the Heavy Scyk title FAQ... I know it's cost me at least one match. I forget Predator sometimes, and have forgotten to hand off a stress from 4-LOM pilot more than once.

I always use the crit reminder tokens though, and they work... it's frustrating to no end how many people DON'T use them and forget about a crit until they are executing a maneuver they shouldn't, trying to perform an action they can't etc.