8 hours ago, BordOne said:

I like your humour but yeah I cannot see that. Considering that there are 6 other clans and the sheer volume of interesting possibilities of cards to be created I just don't know what would be able to make ffg focus their rescources on pumping out numerous scorpion dual personalities in single other clan just to make this event viable.

but yeah it goes well with the lore

They could release them as a result of in-story alliances, instead of doing it gradually, in which case I could see enough dual aligned characters being released simultaneusly to make Ambush a reasonable inclusion. Just a scorpiony character with some traits from the alied clan and vice versa would already lead to six dinasty cards for Ambush to work with.

Of course, this would likely mean a maximun of one non-Scorpion clan could use Ambush per rotation.

Edited by Doji Tori

8 hours ago, BordOne said:

I like your humour but yeah I cannot see that. Considering that there are 6 other clans and the sheer volume of interesting possibilities of cards to be created I just don't know what would be able to make ffg focus their rescources on pumping out numerous scorpion dual personalities in single other clan just to make this event viable.

but yeah it goes well with the lore

I don't see as impossible to launch in the Scorpion Deluxe Box one character dual-aligned with each clan, and maybe one neutral character with something like "Can be affected by actions as a Scorpion Clan character." So, 6 Scorpion characters in the Dinasty deck and 7-10 in the Conflict deck might be enough to make it a viable (even if not Tier 1) option.

Regular stronghold + Keeper role + 3 Ambush + 10 conflict Scorpion Clan characters with 1 influence cost. Nothing that requires dual-thing (where does that come from? where can I read that?) and only natural card pool growth. Substitute regular stronghold for later relesed stronghold with more than 10 influence for more expensive Scorpions.

28 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

Nothing that requires dual-thing (where does that come from? where can I read that?).

Rules Reference, under Clan, has the following text:

An “out-of-clan” card bears one or more clan symbols that do not match the clan symbol on its controller’s stronghold card, and does not bear a clan symbol that matches the clan symbol on its controller’s stronghold card.

Apologies if this has been mentioned and I missed it:

I'd note that "put into play" effects don't let you place extra fate onto the character in the same way you would if you were playing them. That means that they'll be gone on this turn's fate phase, which I think will be a big downside compared to playing them conventionally.

Basically, this card says spending 3 Fate and 3 cards to get two characters worth 6 total for 1 turn.  That last bit means you're burning a lot of resources for a short surge of power - very much an endgame move, in other words.

15 minutes ago, Prepare for War said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned and I missed it:

I'd note that "put into play" effects don't let you place extra fate onto the character in the same way you would if you were playing them. That means that they'll be gone on this turn's fate phase, which I think will be a big downside compared to playing them conventionally.

Basically, this card says spending 3 Fate and 3 cards to get two characters worth 6 total for 1 turn.  That last bit means you're burning a lot of resources for a short surge of power - very much an endgame move, in other words.

I don't know about endgame. The province and hand will refill. You are saving fate. Seems more like a way to take advantage of an opening.

Fir sure, provinces refill as fast as you empty them, but the conflict hand essentially costs honour to refill. So we're basically trading 3 Honour and 3 Fate for  single turn's surge of conflict effectiveness.

Agree that this may have uses before the endgame as opportunities arise, just thinking that it's in the endgame that a card like this will really shine.