Sign in to follow this  
flightmaster101

Episode 7: The Uthuk Awaken

Hey Rune Warriors!

The newest Runecasters episode is up!  Episode 7: The Uthuk Awaken is ready for your listening pleasure.  Josh and I give our thoughts on the recent articles announcing the Uthuk Y'llan and give our reviews on Ankaur Maro and (George Gordon) Lord Hawthorne.

https://runecasters.net/episode-7-the-uthuk-awaken/

facebook.com/runecasters

@runceasters

runcasterspodcast@gmail.com

I'm surprised at the lukewarm reception of the Uthuk Y'llan, both in aesthetic and abilities. However, I'm not complaining. I'm glad it's not a faction everyone is going to flock to. I hope that we see even numbers of each faction being played.

2 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I'm surprised at the lukewarm reception of the Uthuk Y'llan, both in aesthetic and abilities. However, I'm not complaining. I'm glad it's not a faction everyone is going to flock to. I hope that we see even numbers of each faction being played.

Just not our bag, but I'm a live and let live guy so if you dig them more power to you. 

2 hours ago, Rentner65 said:

I think I'll paint them less purple and more of a Bro zed Skin color like in Battlelore! 

That may help their look by leaps and bounds.  Make sure to post one painted!  And feel free to share on Facebook.com/Runecasters as well!  Can't wait to see them!

13 hours ago, Budgernaut said:

I'm likely to be the local Uthuk player. Currently an Undead player. My reception to them has been lukewarm not because of aesthetics or abilities. I love the idea of trying to trigger multiple severity 2-3 panic tests on everything each turn.

My lukewarm response is because we don't know jack about them. We know one dial, 1 of each infantry command model, 1 hero and something like 2 Uthuk-only upgrades. Once they finish previewing Latari - which is sensible since they release first - and start showing actual content for the Uthuk, I'll be ramping up enthusiasm.

46 minutes ago, Church14 said:

I'm likely to be the local Uthuk player. Currently an Undead player. My reception to them has been lukewarm not because of aesthetics or abilities. I love the idea of trying to trigger multiple severity 2-3 panic tests on everything each turn.

My lukewarm response is because we don't know jack about them. We know one dial, 1 of each infantry command model, 1 hero and something like 2 Uthuk-only upgrades. Once they finish previewing Latari - which is sensible since they release first - and start showing actual content for the Uthuk, I'll be ramping up enthusiasm.

I can see where you're coming from. Building lists will be easier when we know their command tools. Even still, I've built a few lists with what we already know. We've already deduced about 10 Uthuk-only upgrades.

Serrated Spines, Front Line Spined Thresher, Bloodrage Conduit, Feeding Frenzy, Deadly [Run], Psychosis Siren, Bloodfire Witch, Grotesque Slasher, Warsprinter, Aggressive Shrieker, and I think we found all 3 Shriekers from the French website.

17 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I can see where you're coming from. Building lists will be easier when we know their command tools. Even still, I've built a few lists with what we already know. We've already deduced about 10 Uthuk-only upgrades.

Serrated Spines, Front Line Spined Thresher, Bloodrage Conduit, Feeding Frenzy, Deadly [Run], Psychosis Siren, Bloodfire Witch, Grotesque Slasher, Warsprinter, Aggressive Shrieker, and I think we found all 3 Shriekers from the French website.

I do want to be clear though - I like what I see so far. Mass panic tests looks fun and the upgrades that seem to encourage turn 1 engagements look appealing.  I just feel like so haven't seen enough to commit wholeheartedly. 

Love the podcast. One issue I've had from the beginning is one host's audio levels (Josh?) are much lower than the other's. So, especially in the car, I have to turn it up where the louder host is too loud in order to hear the softer one decently. So, in this latest episode, when you used that blood curdling scream (why that?!?) to censor 'horror house' I freaking jumped and just about drove into the oncoming lane.

So, great podcast.  Keep up the good work. Fix your audio levels. You may just save some lives!

Edited by staz0801

10 hours ago, flightmaster101 said:

That may help their look by leaps and bounds.  Make sure to post one painted!  And feel free to share on Facebook.com/Runecasters as well!  Can't wait to see them!

I will sure do! I hope I'll be done with my Daqan when they get released :)

7 hours ago, Church14 said:

My lukewarm response is because we don't know jack about them.

That is a great point that I hope came across in the podcast.  Without their dials we cant really evaluate the complete units so based on what we've seen yea a bit lukewarm.  Also I do hope my sarcasm came across, I know there are a lot of ppl excited about them (more than a fair few in our area) which is why we sarcastically talked about them like it wasn't a big deal. 

5 hours ago, staz0801 said:

Love the podcast. One issue I've had from the beginning is one host's audio levels (Josh?) are much lower than the other's. So, especially in the car, I have to turn it up where the louder host is too loud in order to hear the softer one decently. So, in this latest episode, when you used that blood curdling scream (why that?!?) to censor 'horror house' I freaking jumped and just about drove into the oncoming lane.

So, great podcast.  Keep up the good work. Fix your audio levels. You may just save some lives!

I'll keep on Josh to speak up!  Thanks for the tips, and a very big thanks for making it constructive!