Sign in to follow this  
shosuko

YES - Captive Audience

5 minutes ago, Yogo Gohei said:

ok... let me add some qualifiers.

If you build a Unicorn deck with 3 of them and completely ignore politics, you will likely lose most of the time, unless you are crazy lucky.  Just letting you know.

:ph34r: My luck is pretty bad though...

I don't disagree with that though.

It's a good card but it does have it's limits.

Like a lot of unicorn cards they look strong if you've got one of them but a second is almost useless.

In my Crane deck nearly every card is good*(for the deck and in a lot of matchups) and is still good if I draw a second one, or even a third.

The same can't be said of Captive Audience, way of the unicorn, breakthrough, cavalry reserves, born in war, Ide messenger.

If we look at the diffrent match-ups:

Crab: Probably the worst matchup. Almost everyone of their personalities just become better and several of their boost are valid in every challenge so often this card won't have much effect.

Lion: Doesn't really care. It's true that venerable historian is severly hit by it but it's not the card that they are going to buy in a hurry when facing unicorn. And they have the tech to dig through their provinces.

Unicorn: A bit like Lion. Often a dead card and with how way of the unicorn works a potential second dead card for one of the players. As an additional punishment his Breakthroughs are also nearly a dead draw then.

Dragon: Their stats are the most balanced, they can still play their attachments and trigger their abilities. Their stronghold works in both challenges as well. It hits the investigator but how often will he have more then one of these in a conflict?

Phoenix: Might be annoyed by it. Although their characters are also balanced their strength is in their tricks which this card doesn't stop.

Scorpion: No idea but they are also clan with lot's of conflict tricks and the honor cost of the card can be dangerous.

Crane: The best match-up. It can stop a Crane attack cold. They can Voice it but that makes room for your Cavalry Reserves...

Don't get me wrong, it is a good card but in quite a few matchups drawing 2 of these early can cost you severly.

*Disclaimer: we currently play 30 card decks.

2 minutes ago, Mig el Pig said:

The same can't be said of Captive Audience, way of the unicorn, breakthrough, cavalry reserves, born in war, Ide messenger.

I disagree with Way of the Unicorn, Cav reserve, Ide Messenger, and Born in War. They may not be great in that moment, but they aren't cards I hate to see more than one of. Heck, I'd love two Way ofs in my starting hand.