Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shosuko

YES - Captive Audience

Recommended Posts

Easily one of the most environment defining cards in the game.  Any clan that has a military focus will need to consider this card seriously.  It's a heavy influence splash, and rightly so, but, I'm having a hard time finding any other clan to borrow from if I'm going to primarily rely on military to win the day.  Having some protection against the Phoenix is also a nice bonus.

Unicorn has some serious military shenanigans that can end games in a hurry.  Very scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Barbacuo said:

This is the card that shocked me the most from this spoiler. Followed by Cavalry Reserves.

those are BOTH horrible. Why is it free. For what possible reason is it free.

They are very strong in military, and very cheap, and have very very good cards.

All of this is offset by their political weakness. which really doesn't look that weak. 

I'd have to see them in play to make an informed judgement, but they look a whole world scarier than anything we've seen so far.

Edited by JolOfNar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cavalry Reserves is most interesting. Unicorn wants to win fast, but Reserves takes a bit to charge up -- until there's guys in the discard it's useless. It plays well with the inevitable broken province(s) Unicorn will take -- more discards means more targets for the Reserves. I see a lot of close victories for Unicorn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gamedog said:

Cavalry Reserves is most interesting. Unicorn wants to win fast, but Reserves takes a bit to charge up -- until there's guys in the discard it's useless. It plays well with the inevitable broken province(s) Unicorn will take -- more discards means more targets for the Reserves. I see a lot of close victories for Unicorn. 

Keep in mind, I Am Ready is free to play, but you remove 1 fate from the target character to ready them. I assume Unicorn players will want to put a single fate on 1 or 2 of their cards, just to use this ability and reuse a character for their 2nd conflict. That, combined with how cheap many of their units are, gives them a good chance to put a few bodies into play on turn one, use them up, and have them ready in the discard for Cavalry Reserves to bring back on round 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mentioned on the other thread, but will repeat here as it's more on topic here.

This is a very good card here, but don't forget the hidden cost.

This game explicitly has an equivalence of 1 card = 1 honour, and the inbuilt honour cost basically makes it 2 honour spent to flip the outcome of a single conflict. That's good, but not exceptional.

Ultimately, turning around the outcome of a conflict is the baseline of what we expect any event to do, it's just a question of how reliably it does this, and the price point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prepare for War said:

I mentioned on the other thread, but will repeat here as it's more on topic here.

This is a very good card here, but don't forget the hidden cost.

This game explicitly has an equivalence of 1 card = 1 honour, and the inbuilt honour cost basically makes it 2 honour spent to flip the outcome of a single conflict. That's good, but not exceptional.

Ultimately, turning around the outcome of a conflict is the baseline of what we expect any event to do, it's just a question of how reliably it does this, and the price point.

Id Say 2 honor is a cheap price to pay. This does more than a lot to change the conflict.

Also would argue against the 1 card = 1 honor, But that is just personal beliefs at this stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's quite a few really good conflict cards in the preview, and while there's a couple card draw effects available, I somewhat expect Unicorn may want to bid aggressively on the first round to gain as much card advantage as possible for that initial blitz. Once this deck gets momentum going, it's just going to steamroll the opponent unless their opponent finds some way to significantly smash that momentum or dishonor the Unicorn out of the game fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

 

Also would argue against the 1 card = 1 honor, But that is just personal beliefs at this stage.

 

Actually, maybe its more like 1 card = 2 honour, given that 1 card of difference creates a 2 honour differential...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Prepare for War said:

 

 

Actually, maybe its more like 1 card = 2 honour, given that 1 card of difference creates a 2 honour differential...

I'd even argue against that. It's entirely situational based on the bids, where you can gain/lose honor and it's far to complicated to be boiled down to a simple X card = Y honor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...