Sign in to follow this  
franzvong

Wandering Warriors - Unicorn spoilers

3 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I can't Fricken believe I'm about to do this......but I suppose this is what I get for having daughters.

Here goes everything:

Applejack = Crab

Rarity = Crane

Spike = Dragon

Rainbow Dash = Lion

Flutershy = Phoenix

Pinky Pie = Scorpion

Twilight Sparkle = Unicorn

Let me know when I am eligible to get my man card back.  By my estimate I should come up for reinstatement on the 3rd..............

OF NEVER!

Well well, Mr. Shadowlands shows his true colors at last.

??????????

3 minutes ago, Anemura said:

Do you have the averages handy? 

Also, for those better versed in the rules than I, does Giver of Gifts move Pacifism and/or Cloud the Mind? Thx

Made them at work. Give me a few minutes I'll do the math again. I think it was 1.6ish for lion and 1.7 for Unicorn. 

1 minute ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Not unless it's on your characters?

That is my understanding, but I'm not sure what is meant by the word "control". If Pacifism is placed on an opponent's character, does the initiating player lose control of the card? I would think, yes. 

1 minute ago, shosuko said:

Otaku is a Japanese term that roughly means pervy-over-enthused-anime-fan-who-looks-up-figurine-skirts-to-see-their-panties.  The female equivalent is a-girl-who-is-on-tumblr

I'm aware of what Otaku means. Still don't understand how it pertains.

Ide Trader and Spyglass are my two favourite cards in Unicorn. Some serious conflict card draw there which means more Banzai, Routs and Charge in hand when you need them. 

Unicorn can build an attack from almost nothing - extremely strong in either attack and in some cases as a counter attack. 

5 minutes ago, Anemura said:

That is my understanding, but I'm not sure what is meant by the word "control". If Pacifism is placed on an opponent's character, does the initiating player lose control of the card? I would think, yes. 

PAcifism is under the control of the owner.

16 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I can't Fricken believe I'm about to do this......but I suppose this is what I get for having daughters.

Here goes everything:

Applejack = Crab

Rarity = Crane

Spike = Dragon

Rainbow Dash = Lion

Flutershy = Phoenix

Pinky Pie = Scorpion

Twilight Sparkle = Unicorn

Let me know when I am eligible to get my man card back.  By my estimate I should come up for reinstatement on the 3rd..............

OF NEVER!

Discord - Fu Leng

Derpy - ????

Just now, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

.... I take it this is the 'villain '?

**** straight!

Gotta try and keep some sort of dignity after singing the theme song with my girls for the umteenth million time.  I purposely move the show selection box into an episode I know that Discord is in.

I'm fully aware of the social suicide I could be commuting by outing myself like this but I won't apologize for anything I do for my kids.

I will however be keeping a list of those who ridiculed me...........

:P

10 minutes ago, Cambeul no Oni said:

You do remember that when the Unicorn left over 8000 years ago and were called the Ki-Rin, that the Utaku family was originally called the Otaku family

8000 years? :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaku

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/お宅

George W. Bush surely wouldn't be happy with the "alternate meaning" of "bush". And don't get me started on John. Altough if you speak spanish, don't call your daughter Catalina unless you want to thraumatize her if someone checks the RAE. You have been warned. :P

Gay used to mean happy from what I learnt studying english.

11 minutes ago, shosuko said:

Otaku is a Japanese term that roughly means pervy-over-enthused-anime-fan-who-looks-up-figurine-skirts-to-see-their-panties.

Train otakus would feel offended by that definition. :P

Also: Heigen no Otaku (Plains of Battle) are in Lion lands. Or were in the old L5R. Not sure of how trusty the translation is though.

4 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

**** straight!

Gotta try and keep some sort of dignity after singing the theme song with my girls for the umteenth million time.  I purposely move the show selection box into an episode I know that Discord is in.

I'm fully aware of the social suicide I could be commuting by outing myself like this but I won't apologize for anything I do for my kids.

Quality cartoon is quality cartoon.

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

A children's cartoon that is surprisingly competent and is geared towards young girls. Something that is needed.

It has also garnered attention from a surprisingly adult male audience, which leads to VERY creepy subtext of that adult male audience.

12 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm aware of what Otaku means. Still don't understand how it pertains.

Someone made a comment about how Adult Males who watch the show are kinda creepy because it is a show geared towards young girls.

1 minute ago, Cambeul no Oni said:

Someone made a comment about how Adult Males who watch the show are kinda creepy because it is a show geared towards young girls.

Someone was me. And that's a stretch (considering the wide range of what Otaku actually means.)

2 hours ago, Cambeul no Oni said:

Discord - Fu Leng

Derpy - ????

See!   Now this is someone who gets it. :)

Discord is probably closer to Pan Ku but sadly he's the only regular villain they have, and those Fricken ponies have even somehow managed to befriend him too.

Nightmare Moon was probably the closest to a Fu Leng type role, but the magic of friendship could not be undone and she was turned into the good Princess Luna.  There was an episode where she was trying to make friends with the other ponies..........and holy farts what is happening to me.  

Curse you MLP curse you straight to heck!

Edited by Ishi Tonu

9 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

**** straight!

*like*

I will be keeping my powder dry...for the moment ?

Your time will come oni-boy

5 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Discord is probably closer to Pan My but sadly he's the only regular villain they have, and those Fricken ponies have even somehow managed to befriend him too.

Nightmare Moon was probably the closest to a Fu Lang type role, but the magic of friendship could not be undone and she was turned into the good Princess Luna.  There was an episode where she was trying to make friends with the other ponies..........and holy farts what is happening to me.  

*like*

okay NOW you're edging closer to the Abyss.

Edited by Kuni Katsuyoshi

19 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

**** straight!

I make my son watch it with me (he was 2~3 years old) but my wife gives me sideways glances.

Forgot about Discord and Pan'ku comparison.

38 minutes ago, Cambeul no Oni said:

Discord - Fu Leng

Derpy - ????

29 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

Discord is probably closer to Pan My but sadly he's the only regular villain they have, and those Fricken ponies have even somehow managed to befriend him too.

Nightmare Moon was probably the closest to a Fu Leng type role, but the magic of friendship could not be undone and she was turned into the good Princess Luna.  There was an episode where she was trying to make friends with the other ponies..........and holy farts what is happening to me.  

I would say Chrysalis is more Fu Leng being that she is equal to Celestia and the other Alicorns which are pretty much synonymous with Kami if we were to translate it.

Derpy is Scorpion - She is the "Shinobi" you see dancing around outside "trying not to be seen" while someone behind the scenes does the deed.

Edited by shosuko