Sign in to follow this  
franzvong

Wandering Warriors - Unicorn spoilers

1 hour ago, Kubernes said:

Born in War - Expensive attachment but +4 or +5 military is huge and even better on some of the untap characters. Border Rider just gets better and better.

Sad, but Born in War will never really have +5 Military.

3 minutes ago, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

He's a fluke .

Have you not seen Tomonatsu-chan???????

I have seen her ashes.:P Assuming she was not a Shoshuro Actress all along as the link in the Crab article indicates. ;)

Funny thing, back when I played, it was really weird to see a non-cavalry Unicorn. Until Gold we had like Ide Daikoku, Ide Tadaji, Iuchi Karasu, Otaku Kojiro, Iuchi Shahai, Iuchi Takaai, Otaku Baiken and Shinjo Mosaku. 8 out of lots of personalities. 

Here in the Core we got Ide Messenger, Giver of Gifts, Ide Trader, Meishodo Wielder and Utaku Infantry. 5 out of 14. Not unhappy at all considering that Cavalry seems to be better designed now. Just anecdotal evidence.

Edited by Wintersong

Well Captive Audience has created some actual debate as to what Clan I'm going to splash.

I notice Unicorn has a lot of movement with relatively little unbow. So I guess the idea is to attack with one guy, see how your opponent assigns defenders, and then move more people in when they under commit.

56 minutes ago, Prepare for War said:

On topic, I have to say that this clan look really, really strong. Like meta-dominant strong.

I mean sure, switching political to military will be a huge game-changing event, but while it is undoubtedly good, it's basically "play event = win conflict unexpectedly", and there's no shortage of effects like that. You're trading a card for an advantage, and when 1 honour = 1 card in explicit rules, we're basically talking a cost of 2 honour to flip 1 conflict. That's decent math, and this card is strong, but not the reason I'm saying this clan will be meta-dominant out of core.

No, what I'm talking about here is sheer efficiency on cost to strength for the characters. 1 for 2/2/1 on the Meishodo Wielder? 3 strength for 1 cost on Moto Horde?

That sort of stuff WINS GAMES. For sure, there are ways you have to play them to make use of them at full potential, but LCG history tells us that (cheap cost + efficient stats + drawback) makes for the best cards in the game. These cards are the ones that will make Unicorn the dominant clan of the core meta.

Fair comment, but I'm not convinced they'll be completely dominant out of the gate. 

It looks to me like the Unicorn will be highly draw dependent, and all about the attack (which I'm very much in favour of) but they definitely have their vulnerabilities.