Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
franzvong

Wandering Warriors - Unicorn spoilers

Recommended Posts

Just now, Kuni Katsuyoshi said:

That's....disturbing and a little funny ? 

He's officially called a "Draconequus."  I think its a portmanteau of Draconic and Q.  b/c he's Q.  Voiced by John de Lancie and everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shosuko said:

He's officially called a "Draconequus."  I think its a portmanteau of Draconic and Q.  b/c he's Q.  Voiced by John de Lancie and everything.

Ok now THAT is cool ? 

John de Lancie make the whole thing awesome.

 I have to point out that I'm switching between you fine folks and our MLP conversation and From **** by Alan Moore, which is causing some VERY strange mental dissonance ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mig el Pig said:

Is there a Unicorn holding?

Yes 

Endless Plains. 

After an attack is declared here, break this province. Your opponent chooses an attacking character - discard that character. 

 

EDIT: I read it as Province, and not holding. Apologies. 

Edited by LordBlunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shosuko said:

He's officially called a "Draconequus."  I think its a portmanteau of Draconic and Q.  b/c he's Q.  Voiced by John de Lancie and everything.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but equus is the scientific genus of the horse family. Probably the actual inspiration for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shosuko said:

Well Rarity is either Crane or Scorpion depending on whether you apply any creepy subtext...  They can keep Twilight, but Rarity is MINE!!! 

Rainbow Dash is Scorpion. Hey element is Loyalty, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Sorry to rain on your parade, but equus is the scientific genus of the horse family. Probably the actual inspiration for it.

Well Equine and Equestrian do use that root so its likely...  I don't often see Discord and think "horse" anything tho lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shosuko said:

iirc Kamoko was able to save the horses, but not the stables... soo...  blame it on her?

Why? She saved the horses and the fire in the stables was started by the Scorpion under the orders of Bayushi Yokuan.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wintersong said:

Why? She saved the horses and the fire in the stables was started by the Scorpion under the orders of Bayushi Yokuan.;)

You could barely say she saved even the horses... considering Shinjo herself had to step in to ensure they actually made it out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shosuko said:

 

I would say Chrysalis is more Fu Leng being that she is equal to Celestia and the other Alicorns which are pretty much synonymous with Kami if we were to translate it.

Derpy is Scorpion - She is the "Shinobi" you see dancing around outside "trying not to be seen" while someone behind the scenes does the deed.

I could see that but I always connected the whole Nightmare Moon was the disgruntled younger sibling and it took the combined might of the pony 'clans' to defeat her...........very reminiscent of The Day of Thunder.

I tried to keep the selections to the core ponies for familiarity sake, since many have not likely heard of all the various characters that have come in and out of the show.

Applejack: hard working, does her duty.  Crab

Rarity: the fashionista of the bunch.  Crane

Spike: he's a fricken Dragon so...  Dragon

Rainbow Dash: the athlete, competitive, sometimes brash.  Lion

Fluttershy: soft spoken but can subdue some of the strongest foes.  Phoenix

Pinky Pie: will "do anything" for a laugh and always wears disguises.  Scorpion

Twilight Sparkle: outsider at first now almost a leader i.e. Shogun.  Unicorn

 

Ive gone way too far down this rabbit hole.  Lol

 

Edited by Ishi Tonu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I could see that but I always connected the whole Nightmare Moon was the disgruntled younger sibling and it took the combined might of the pony 'clans' to defeat her...........very reminiscent of The Day of Thunder.

I tried to keep the selections to the core ponies for familiarity sake, since many have not likely heard of all the various characters that have come in and out of the show.

Applejack: hard working, does her duty.  Crab

Rarity: the fashionista of the bunch.  Crane

Spike: he's a fricken Dragon so...  Dragon

Rainbow Dash: the athlete, competitive, sometimes brash.  Lion

Fluttershy: soft spoken but can subdue some of the strongest foes.  Phoenix

Pinky Pie: will "do anything" for a laugh and always wears disguises.  Scorpion

Twilight Sparkle: outsider at first now almost a leader i.e. Shogun.  Unicorn

 

Ive gone way too far down this rabbit hole.  Lol

 

*like*

Its all good. Let your freak flag fly !??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ishi Tonu said:

I could see that but I always connected the whole Nightmare Moon was the disgruntled younger sibling and it took the combined might of the pony 'clans' to defeat her...........very reminiscent of The Day of Thunder.

I tried to keep the selections to the core ponies for familiarity sake, since many have not likely heard of all the various characters that have come in and out of the show.

 

Ah, I get where you're coming from.  I didn't really consider that because NMM was redeemed in the first story arc.  I was thinking more "now."  Chrystalis is the only "nonredeemable" character so far, and her power is antithesis to the Princesses.

I think your assessment of the Pony's and their clans is pretty spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like what I see with the exception of one card due to the wording. I think it was Moto Horde. The description says neither player can use any attachments other than weapons. The wording on the card isn't very clear and would make me think it only was the Unicorn player of I didn't know better.

Unicorn will be brutal to play against it you want to build up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TechnoGolem said:

I really like what I see with the exception of one card due to the wording. I think it was Moto Horde. The description says neither player can use any attachments other than weapons. The wording on the card isn't very clear and would make me think it only was the Unicorn player of I didn't know better.

Unicorn will be brutal to play against it you want to build up.

That only limits attachments that can be attached to Moto Horde.  It is a limiter for all players - no one can play any attachment that is not a weapon type attachment on that card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm. AJ as a Crab (though, dependable, reliable, blunt...yup), Rarity as a Crane (perfectionist, dramatic artist...check), and Rainbow Dash as Lion (Brash, honor-before-reason, a bit braggart...yeah),

But the other three? I don't see it. Pinkie is way too liked and popular to be a good Scorpion (remember, "the empire's villains" is their core identity).  I'm not sure where she goes. And, I mean...Twilight is a slightly obsessive scholar with powerful magic devoted to the established divine powers ; Fluttershy is a compassionate soul who's genuinely interested in the ways and lives of non-ponyfolk that most ponies would just ignore. I'd say Fluttershy is a Unicorn (probably an Ide), and Twilight is so thoroughly an Isawa (at least the first several seasons) it hurts. Not sure where that leaves Pinky, though. I suppose she has something of the "Weirdo outsider we don't always understand" mystic of the Togashi, mixed with a Crane's status as the empire's supreme organizers?

Now Princess Luna, post-Nightmare Moon? THAT is as close as MLP will ever have to a Scorpion. Watch over people in the dark, not fully trusted, somewhat feared...that's her schtick. While Zecora is very much a Dragon. 

(The Cutie Mark Crusaders, of course, are Yoritomo's Alliance. And Trixie has pretty strong Yoritomo tendencies too.)

(Urgh, did I really just jump into that discussion?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...