Salsashark

Armada Fleet Builders

9 hours ago, Nastrado said:

I have to say as an X-Wing player just starting up in Armada the options for fleet builders is kind of sparse. With the X-wing builders, you can input your collection and find out what you need to buy to complete your lists. 

Not having up to date errata? Yikes, the X-wing builders are all usually updated within hours if not minutes. Even casual players want to play as balanced a game as possible

That's why you use the Android one it is up to date

Weird. I've never looked at any of the card text on ryan kingston. I just grab what upgrades I want to double check fleet costs and what not. Also helps I know what all the cards are so I don't pay attention to the fine details. Makes it all the better IMO.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:51 PM, Drasnighta said:

Its one or the other, unless someone else decides to do something.

I know for example, Kingston doesn't give a print detail for the very reasons you want one - its primarily for tournament play, and that assumption is you have the upgrade cards you are playing with (or at least borrowing them).  Its against FFG's policy to encourage people to proxy or play without supporting the game as required.  He's not required to adhere to it, but at that point in time, he does.

And I mean, technically speaking, the Errata only applies to tournament games, as it is the tournament FAQ :D

My Favorite is Kingston's.  You get a tournament official printout which is fantastic.  For those that want a detailed printout it's pretty easy to do, at least 1 ship at a time.  Just use print-screen and then print the image.  I love the very clean interface.

I am still surprised there is no list builder available for Android phone on the google play store. I know it is not as popular as X-wing but I figure there would be one by now.

Armada Warlords have a nice interface but they are so anti-mobile I don't think they see the value of having your list available on a mobile device. Not everyone has a printer and unlimited ink and paper.

7 minutes ago, Marinealver said:

I am still surprised there is no list builder available for Android phone on the google play store. I know it is not as popular as X-wing but I figure there would be one by now.

Armada Warlords have a nice interface but they are so anti-mobile I don't think they see the value of having your list available on a mobile device. Not everyone has a printer and unlimited ink and paper.

There was one, only of course, it got taken off the store so you have to update and download manually these days.

By most reports, it’s pretty good, so there is no point in someone taking the time to halfass a competitive product.

2 hours ago, Marinealver said:

The is one. A good one. But you have to dl it from Google+ and manually install.

https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094

Edited by Green Knight

6 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Just FYI, you can use a text only view or a table view if you don't have enough bandwidth or you need to print a list without using almost any ink

9 minutes ago, Nevetz said:

Just FYI, you can use a text only view or a table view if you don't have enough bandwidth or you need to print a list without using almost any ink

Locally, for casual games, we just do this and show our opponent the lists right off the mobile.

Warlords is the most commonly used builder around here, most bc of the ease of saving/sharing/printing.

16 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Yeah, I asked the AFD dev about the store issue awhile back. He said it keeps getting kicked off of stores (both Play Store and then Amazon store) over copyright concerns (AFD has full text cards), so he's just moved it over to a G+ group to keep it easy. The nice thing is, the app self-updates, so once you've installed it once it's no more difficult to update than a Play Store app.

The real question is why the X-wing list builders aren't getting booted from the stores. If they're that concerned about copyright issues, I would expect the standard to be consistently applied to all the X-wing apps out there, and it definitely is not.

3 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Yeah, I asked the AFD dev about the store issue awhile back. He said it keeps getting kicked off of stores (both Play Store and then Amazon store) over copyright concerns (AFD has full text cards), so he's just moved it over to a G+ group to keep it easy. The nice thing is, the app self-updates, so once you've installed it once it's no more difficult to update than a Play Store app.

The real question is why the X-wing list builders aren't getting booted from the stores. If they're that concerned about copyright issues, I would expect the standard to be consistently applied to all the X-wing apps out there, and it definitely is not.

This is what drives me nuts. when I played Xwing it was great having that app available, the AFD one was a great find on Amazon only for it to get kicked off for doing the SAME thing. having said that dl'ing it off google+ was easy so I've been using it still. 

10 hours ago, Marinealver said:

It would still be nice to have a list builder on mobile as easy to use as X-wing squad builder.

Armada Fleets Designer,  its been linked above like 4 times so im not gonna bother relinking. Its the one i ise, so easy to put fleets together and print them out in 3 different views, very easy to use couldnt recommend it more.

Only downside is you need android