Salsashark

Armada Fleet Builders

38 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to Armada and was looking for some advice on what fleet builder to use. I can't seem to find an app like they have for X-Wing. I have found some sites that do it but it is hard for me to bring my computer to the FLGS so I have my list with me. I signed up for Armada Warlords online but I can't figure out how to save my fleets so I keep losing them. Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, Salsashark said:

Hi everyone!

I am brand new to Armada and was looking for some advice on what fleet builder to use. I can't seem to find an app like they have for X-Wing. I have found some sites that do it but it is hard for me to bring my computer to the FLGS so I have my list with me. I signed up for Armada Warlords online but I can't figure out how to save my fleets so I keep losing them. Any suggestions?

Battlescribe works pretty well on mobile phones. I've seen it used on Android and Ios. 

https://www.battlescribe.net/

Other than that I use Fabs and warlords

http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/

Fabs is particularly good if you're new, as it let's you build only with what you have.

Edited by Darth Sanguis
ryanabt and Salsashark like this

18 minutes ago, Salsashark said:

Hi everyone!

At the very bottom of the Warlords List-building page, you'll see a 'Process List' button. Hitting it saves your list. If you're signed in, it saves to your account, and unless you hit the 'the list is private' check-box, everybody can see it. If you aren't signed in, the list will be publicly published under no name, and will not be saved to your account.

Edited by GhostofNobodyInParticular
Salsashark and Green Knight like this

I tend to use Warlords to build the list, so I have a visual of the cards, and then re-build it in Fabs because you can print it out in an FFG fleet list PDF format

On 8/8/2017 at 2:43 PM, Thraug said:

If you are on an Android device you need to try Armada Fleets Designer, linked below. It's much better than everything previously mentioned.

Go to "About Community" -> "Download latest version"

https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094

it is so good I'm mad that it got kicked off of Amazon's market. such nonsense. Seriously, if you use android go get this and you'll love it. 

teeseeuu likes this

On 8/8/2017 at 2:43 PM, Thraug said:

If you are on an Android device you need to try Armada Fleets Designer, linked below. It's much better than everything previously mentioned.

Go to "About Community" -> "Download latest version"

https://plus.google.com/communities/109814116029534233094

Easily the best. Frequent updates and saves lists with easy export. 

teeseeuu and Tirion like this

2 hours ago, dominosfleet said:

it is so good I'm mad that it got kicked off of Amazon's market. such nonsense. Seriously, if you use android go get this and you'll love it. 

Am I missing something?

I tried it on my phone, but was put off by the horrible interface.

Lots of other good features though.

13 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Am I missing something?

Yes, you're wrong. try it again, it's so good. The campaign thing could be better but /shrug, it's free so whatever. 

9 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Am I missing something?

I gotta agree, it works fine but there's just something about the interface that really puts me off using it.

If I'm on my phone, I much prefer the compact builder in Warlords. The only issue I have with it is that cards like Tua or Phoenix Home don't seem to work in the compact version, so I have to go and add that one card in the main builder, but that's not a huge deal.

I also wish you could rearrange your ships, but I realise that's probably just me, and I don't think you can do that in any of the other builders either.

Edited by Villakarvarousku

8 minutes ago, Villakarvarousku said:

I also wish you could rearrange your ships, but I realise that's probably just me, and I don't think you can do that in any of the other builders either.

Warlords lets you reorder your ships with the little blue arrows. It also tends to randomize everything again if you edit or fork a list.

Fabs let's you swap a ship for another type. But no reordering.

7 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Warlords lets you reorder your ships with the little blue arrows. It also tends to randomize everything again if you edit or fork a list.

Fabs let's you swap a ship for another type. But no reordering.

I feel so stupid. I can't believe I've never noticed that. I guess I just assumed the little arrow was a collapse/expand or something.

Well, I prefer Warlords even more now.

Edited by Villakarvarousku

Hmmm.....

Warlords and Fab's have un-FAQed versions of the cards.  Kingston's doesn't seem to have a detailed print option.

Is there a builder for PC that has up-to-date card images and a detailed print option?  I hate messing with cards for casual games, so having the correct rules on the sheet is way better for me.

7 hours ago, Helias de Nappo said:

Hmmm.....

Warlords and Fab's have un-FAQed versions of the cards.  Kingston's doesn't seem to have a detailed print option.

Is there a builder for PC that has up-to-date card images and a detailed print option?  I hate messing with cards for casual games, so having the correct rules on the sheet is way better for me.

Its one or the other, unless someone else decides to do something.

I know for example, Kingston doesn't give a print detail for the very reasons you want one - its primarily for tournament play, and that assumption is you have the upgrade cards you are playing with (or at least borrowing them).  Its against FFG's policy to encourage people to proxy or play without supporting the game as required.  He's not required to adhere to it, but at that point in time, he does.

And I mean, technically speaking, the Errata only applies to tournament games, as it is the tournament FAQ :D

Edited by Drasnighta
Helias de Nappo likes this

I have to say as an X-Wing player just starting up in Armada the options for fleet builders is kind of sparse. With the X-wing builders, you can input your collection and find out what you need to buy to complete your lists. 

Not having up to date errata? Yikes, the X-wing builders are all usually updated within hours if not minutes. Even casual players want to play as balanced a game as possible

5 hours ago, Nastrado said:

I have to say as an X-Wing player just starting up in Armada the options for fleet builders is kind of sparse. With the X-wing builders, you can input your collection and find out what you need to buy to complete your lists. 

Not having up to date errata? Yikes, the X-wing builders are all usually updated within hours if not minutes. Even casual players want to play as balanced a game as possible

FABs does the first for Armada, as it does for XWing.

5 hours ago, Nastrado said:

Ryan Kingston does use errata cards.  For example here are the Demolisher and Rhymer cards from Ryan Kingstons fleet builder.  Both are the errata'd versions of the cards.

demolisher.png

major-rhymer.png

Undeadguy likes this