GhostofNobodyInParticular

[MAFIA] The Bowels of Coruscant

843 posts in this topic

And that's game! GG Town! I gotta fix the balance next time, I never considered Hider as a Cop role. . . don't worry, I'm contemplating really wacky builds, like 2 scum factions, some 3rd party, and NO TOWN. :D So many ideas. . . . also Broba, for what it's worth, Hider is my favorite role. I absolutely love the idea of it.

Observer's Chat
Scum Chat
Set-up Doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I had to try :)

May I point out a few thing?

1) First of all, how theis game was balanced? Two cop-like roles plus watcher plus Vigilante against two mafia and a traitor?

2) I think it's clear that we don't need more than 48-72 hours except for day 1.

3) Rolefest and mass claims make the game just as predictable and easy for the town as flavor text analysis did. In this case it ruined our whole strategy that everyone claimed on Day 2 and from there the question was not if but when they figure out the situation. it was too easy. And if everyone has roles you are forced to claim a role too because claiming vanilla will still mark you as the safe bet for lynching.

4) Roc: He handled the situation excellently and I'm glad he was my team mate in this game. I'm looking forward to play with him again.

5) Pod: Seriously.... Is this guy an idiot or a genius?

CaribbeanNinja likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The night you guys were demanding me claim (day 2), I was furiously wiki-ing the most believable lie for a claim.  Honestly I had a hard time coming up with anything that couldn't easily be countered by the roles that had alread been established and that (given me and Norell were scum), were likely being honest about.

What little I found out was that Godfather and Bulletproof (for scum) were considered to be pretty weak roles.

My gut agrees with Norell...that didn't seem terribly well balanced.  The fact that Pod got a lucky whack on Day 1 just made this a done deal pretty much from the start.  That being said, I don't have  a whole lot of experience, obviously, but worth thinking about.  @Norell, we shoulda whacked Truthi N1 :-)

Norell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you had three scum and a third party poisoner. That could have gone very different had you not whacked the third party on night one. I completely get why you went after him. Mad is a strong player that you were assuming was town. Two things of bad luck there that really changed the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Truthiness said:

Well, you had three scum and a third party poisoner. That could have gone very different had you not whacked the third party on night one. I completely get why you went after him. Mad is a strong player that you were assuming was town. Two things of bad luck there that really changed the game.

This is true. I was completely ambivalent as to which faction not named Madaghmire won the game. That said, there are fewer scum players, so I was actively seeking scum targets. Its just I didnt care much if I found them or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Norell said:

Well I had to try :)

May I point out a few thing?

1) First of all, how theis game was balanced? Two cop-like roles plus watcher plus Vigilante against two mafia and a traitor?

11 minutes ago, Rocmistro said:

My gut agrees with Norell...that didn't seem terribly well balanced.  The fact that Pod got a lucky whack on Day 1 just made this a done deal pretty much from the start.  That being said, I don't have  a whole lot of experience, obviously, but worth thinking about.  @Norell, we shoulda whacked Truthi N1 :-)

It wasn't balanced. I specifically stated that I wasn't paying too much attention to balance, instead focusing more on a 'fun' (for me,and hopefully for others) interaction of roles. I did however overlook the fact that the Hider was a weak cop role. 

I am sincerely concerned with the effect mass-claiming has on the games. Next time I shall provide fake claims to all non-town players that would make sense in-game (i.e. that would belong in-game IN RELATION TO ALL OTHER ROLES). That will hopefully help with the mass-claiming issue. I detest it, and shall do everything within my power to curtail its use.

 

2 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Well, you had three scum and a third party poisoner. That could have gone very different had you not whacked the third party on night one. I completely get why you went after him. Mad is a strong player that you were assuming was town. Two things of bad luck there that really changed the game.

I agree. 2 deaths every other night, and mass confusion caused by the Busdriver, aided by a random death from the hider is what I was looking for. Had Mad survived to deal his 2nd dose of poison, things'd have gone better, I feel. Millers shall be removed from any further games I create. The role only serves to give the town a leader.

Onidsen likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I am sincerely concerned with the effect mass-claiming has on the games. Next time I shall provide fake claims to all non-town players that would make sense in-game (i.e. that would belong in-game IN RELATION TO ALL OTHER ROLES). That will hopefully help with the mass-claiming issue. I detest it, and shall do everything within my power to curtail its use.

I think Biggs provides a fake claim example in his games. Also, another thing that I think went on that one is the amount of specific interactions between roles, cop with miller and godfather, and unadvertedly the capacity of the hider taking profit. And the bus driver who would end up having to claim once accusations came on his target because he has to say he switched the person. It ended up with situations where you had to claim to save someone else you knew something would happen to or was innocent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha well good game, and well played everyone, I agree with pretty much all the sentiments here, that game could have become mass carnage in very short order if I got double killed on a poison night :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! I'll have the signups for the next game up later tonight! (battletech beta multiplayer just came out....)

They will run from tonight until next Tuesday due to me being out of town until then. The good news is that this weekend marks the end of my hectic summer schedule and back to a more relaxed one, so I should be able to pay fairly close attention to game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

I am sincerely concerned with the effect mass-claiming has on the games. Next time I shall provide fake claims to all non-town players that would make sense in-game

Why?? Ovi Wanna Bowie was so epic! 

Lazy scum...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now