Sign in to follow this  
feydruatha

Fallout?

Sam Stewart received an email from me within 2 minutes of the post hitting Facebook.  :lol:

Sadly, he could tell me nothing.  <_<

Not that I expected anything less... 

21 minutes ago, Revanchist7 said:

Unpopular opinion since Edge of the Wasteland helped inspire Genesys, but Fallout for me needs to be percentile based with perks and SPECIAL.  Without those it just isn't Fallout.

I think it worked out just fine, personally.  ;)  

They pretty much got rid of percentile-based skill-use in Fallout 4...

Edited by DarthGM

39 minutes ago, DarthGM said:

Sam Stewart received an email from me within 2 minutes of the post hitting Facebook.  :lol:

Sadly, he could tell me nothing.  <_<

Not that I expected anything less... 

I think it worked out just fine, personally.  ;)  

They pretty much got rid of percentile-based skill-use in Fallout 4...

Lol yeah, all of my complaints go out the window if you look at F4

1 hour ago, Revanchist7 said:

Unpopular opinion since Edge of the Wasteland helped inspire Genesys, but Fallout for me needs to be percentile based with perks and SPECIAL.  Without those it just isn't Fallout.

Interestingly enough Fallout was originally supposed to be a GURPS based game. and so 3d6 roll low would, by design be the original system in which it would be intended for, if a system was applied as intended.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3502-The-RPG-Origins-of-Fallout-Part-2-GURPS#.WYntI1WGOUk

35 minutes ago, mulletcheese said:

FFG boardgame and modiphius miniatures game both set in the fallout universe, I wonder which of those companies will get to make the RPG.

Modiphius' Conan 2D20, Mutant Chronicles and Infinity (hopefuly soon to come) have Jay Little written all over them. You could say, if FFG Star Wars is D&D 3.5, Modiphius 2D20 is a kind of Paizo 3.75, an inofficial successor. Though the way they go with Star Trek Adventures and John Carter is personally to me the wrong way, too much FATEification.

But the approach 2D20 handles Talents with small skill related talent trees is for my taste the better approach than the career tree in SW FFG. The momentum/doom pools feels a tad more meaningful than the destiny tokens as well. The skill/attribute relation is different, I might even tend to the FFG SW approach. Maybe the damage handling is a bit smoother in FFG SW as well and the dice pool for skill checks seems to come in more handy. A mixture of the strengths of both would seem like a dream come true. A kind of Best Of of Jay Little :D 

Edited by DarthDude

I don't suspect FFG will create a Fallout RPG.  It will likely go the way Games Workshop did, thanks to the Disney licensening deal.  Competing IPs like that is problematic for FFG.  It is easier to operate with their own universe IP, so expect Twilight Imperium.  Modiphius will likely create a Fallout RPG, as their system is geared more towards it then Genesys imo.

with that said (sorry just saw the date of the last post) DarthGM's creation is inspiring.  I am adapting it to my own group in Spring 2018, after I add some more material relating to my campaign.  Which, thank you for cranking that out, it really helped solve a lot of problems.