Sign in to follow this  
Totengraber

Custom Playmat I Made Over the Weekend

22 minutes ago, Totengraber said:

First time I've done this.

Every medium I tried, including the markers I ended up using, bled like crazy. This was the third mat; the first two ended up ruined by the bleed effect. I think it turned out okay. I only wish I could have filled in more of the white space and made the areas I did fill in a lot smoother.

So, waddya think?

Love it!

50 minutes ago, franzvong said:

It's gorgeous!

Even if I prefer playmats with deck/card positions on them (I'm thinking about one for L5R that makes sense with the provinces and stronghold) I would totally use this one too ;)

Thought about this as well. Once the game is out for a while, I may consider it...

3 hours ago, Totengraber said:

Every medium I tried, including the markers I ended up using, bled like crazy. This was the third mat; the first two ended up ruined by the bleed effect. I think it turned out okay. I only wish I could have filled in more of the white space and made the areas I did fill in a lot smoother.

So, waddya think?

Crab_lo_res.jpg

Seriously, if you feel like doing a Phoenix one for some reason, I'd happily take it off your hands. :D

4 hours ago, Totengraber said:

So, waddya think?

Crab_lo_res.jpg

*Rampant Jealousy*

???

I don't want to pressure you at all, and I know this kind of stuff takes time, but I love how L5R is about the Community, so I'm merely suggesting an idea. I think you should do one that you will handle the top Crab player at the next big Kotei you're into (or if you don't play at kotei, the one of your chosing). That would be an amazing show of support to your clan, and even more motivation for Crab players to perform ! :wub:

Edited by Katsutoshi

I think it looks really good! Personally, I don't see any need to fill in the white space any more than it already is, as the way it is now seems fairly reminiscent to the classic Japanese charcoal art, and that is a big part of what I like about it.

Then again, I'm not much into art, so its possible that I'm completely misunderstanding what's supposed to be going on, or misremembering classic Japanese charcoal art, but either way it's really good, way, way better than anything I could ever hope to do!