Sign in to follow this  
JediGeekGirl

The Chance Cube's Spoilers are here!

It's a crying shame Jyn, and other heroes are so expensive. There's so many interesting potential character combos in hero that are neutered by cost.

Rieekan I think is a continuation of this. His ability essentially relying on needing a 3 character deck, with shields on the other 2...  his dice are not bad support dice, but for 15 points for 2 of them are they worth it?

I'm still curious to see what else comes out this set, maybe every prediction will be wrong. 

18 hours ago, Stu35 said:

So. Back on topic: anyone got any additional thoughts on the spoiled cards?

Or shall I just go ahead and ignore this thread as some sort of urinating match between children who want to argue about which content creators they do and do not like?

I find it highly ironic that you say this and then like a post from the opposite side of the argument.

We don't know all the cards yet from EaW so there will be synergies we don't see, who's to tell that we might not get a generic that focuses on mill for it's dice sides. The General can see use, but he's just part of a puzzle. Chance cube, I feel won't see much use in any deck due to high variance. The other two cards I can see use in respective decks.

The Chance Cube, is interesting as you can bounce it into and out of your hand. Pair it with Mos Eisly Spaceport and you could just play it on an activated Character and return it recuresively for 1 resource each turn.

Secret Mission, is too random and too much dependant on what your opponent plays. We have seen a few rainbows in our meta and should that continue you may end up using this card for a re-roll.

Rieekan, at 11/14 he would make a fantastic partner to Leia, at 11/15 he is just seeming to be yet another Hero that has limited pairing opportunities because of cost. .

Hidden agenda, I think you play this if you don’t claim and use it to bank a resource into the next turn. I think this makes those key high cost events playable, but what I like most about it is that playing a 2 cost event will still see you retain resources for other things and not leave you choked out of resources. This is my Card of the Spoil, not because it is a great card, but this pay and delay reward looks like it may be a broader game mechanic and that could have some interesting cards

As someone who likes to play with Jyn I'm really excited about Hidden Agenda. Being able to throw out 3 cost yellow events with no resources on the board is going to be huge on top of having the flexibility to overwrite with a weapon should the right events not show up in-hand. I normally run Smuggling but I'll definitely swap them out for Hidden Agenda when that shows up, 0 cost yellow events are kinda risky to include with her anyways as they can eat her ability without gaining any benefit. I may even slot in Daring Escape so I can have the resources on stand-by so I'm ready to pounce on my opponent's bad rolls.

15 hours ago, Amanal said:

This is my Card of the Spoil, not because it is a great card, but this pay and delay reward looks like it may be a broader game mechanic and that could have some interesting cards

I also hope this is a continuing trend in the set, effectively spending actions (with other costs) now to get more things later. May help slow things down overall too.

The name eludes me but the upgrade card I knew had to be in EaW was spoiled today - basically it is Neutral - Gray and allows the Character using it to also roll in a Support when they activate. With the much more powerful Supports coming out this is a very nice upgrade.

1 minute ago, Joelist said:

The name eludes me but the upgrade card I knew had to be in EaW was spoiled today - basically it is Neutral - Gray and allows the Character using it to also roll in a Support when they activate. With the much more powerful Supports coming out this is a very nice upgrade.

Yeah, it's pretty decent. Tiny Grimes has it and 3 other previews in his video.

Put this upgrade on Jango Fett and have Slave 1 out there and it gets pretty funny - rollout both Jango and Slave 1 after opposing character activates and then it is your regular turn - I'm sure there are even more abusive combos out there :)