Sign in to follow this  
Hawkwing

Consensus on the effect of Sloane?

I have tried following the now 17 page long discussion on Sloan, which has been updated with information from the developers, as far as I can tell. However, I am very confused about what is the 'correct' way of using Sloane, despite the comprehensive discussion. I know, this is a very cheap way to attempt to summarise the 17 page long discussion into hopefully very few precise and concise posts, but there are probably more people out there who are just as confused as I am regarding the state of that card. Can anyone discern facts from opinions, what is currently RAW and RAI and who is actually being considered valid for the purpose of using that admiral? 

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

I have tried following the now 17 page long discussion on Sloan, which has been updated with information from the developers, as far as I can tell. However, I am very confused about what is the 'correct' way of using Sloane, despite the comprehensive discussion. I know, this is a very cheap way to attempt to summarise the 17 page long discussion into hopefully very few precise and concise posts, but there are probably more people out there who are just as confused as I am regarding the state of that card. Can anyone discern facts from opinions, what is currently RAW and RAI and who is actually being considered valid for the purpose of using that admiral?

Fact 1 (RAW): If Sloane spends a def token, it has no effect.

Fact 2 (RAW): If Sloane spends a token, THAT TOKEN can't be spent again during THAT ATTACK.

Fact 3 (RAW): If Sloane spends a token, the defender CAN spend a token OF THE SAME TYPE (i.e. double brace aces and some ships).

It applies equally to ships n squads, everything is RAW, and any other interpretation has been debunked.

Thank you for clarifying it and your time. Now I at least know what to expect in upcoming tournaments. 

@Ginkapo I should probably have posed this question in the rules forum, I had just read the immense discussion posted in the general forum so I mindlessly made my own post in the same forum D: